What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Why has my boot lid started opening when I open the door?

Goody

Reaction score
Why has my boot started opening when I open the door or uose the remote control

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be that the boot switch is stuck in or worse could be water in the switch itself if so owners have removed the switch and dried it out with good results

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It could also indicate a failing car battery. This has been known to throw up all kinds of electrical issues you wouldn’t imaging could be due to a weak battery.

misterx

Reaction score
Could be that the boot switch is stuck in or worse could be water in the switch itself if so owners have removed the switch and dried it out with good results

An alternative to removing the switch might be to attack it with a hair dryer. When I had my 406 coupe the same problem arose and that seemed to cure it.

Shaun

Reaction score
At least you can get into yours I bought one yesterday, bought some shopping on way back home took my ages to work out how to get into boot I was pressing badge as I did on my old car felt a right fool when someone shown me 😁

Shaun

Reaction score
At least you can get into yours I bought one yesterday, bought some shopping on way back home took my ages to work out how to get into boot I was pressing badge as I did on my old car felt a right fool when someone shown me 😁
I did exactly the same