What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Who uses RCZ as a daily?

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Did you PM me on facebook last week ? You sound like someone I spoke to who had given up on their RCZ lol. I think in Australia its really different from the UK due to the climate etc. They are also mostly bought by kids who only have 3k GBP to spend on a car and don’t know about / care about / or do any of their own maintenance But just want one because it looks nice. Then sell it off to the next unsuspecting victim once they drive it into the ground.
yup thats me, spent over $3000 in repairs already such as timing, turbo line etc etc. its few inches away from beign a lemon.

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
But why? It’s only a mini engine
mine was purchased 2 months back. right after i had to change timing as there was an error code, then ran probably 10kms, major leak (see my other threads), to see its turbo leak, also heat seals , gasket had to be replaced. i think i spent over $3000 already and its not worth it. be very careful with your car mate. fate of many RCZs are heart breaking

check below listings where these poor owners are simply giving them up. i know many will say "oh they didnt maintain well". Oh well, this is not a ferrari or lambo to treat it with a golden spoon - its a cost effective , good looking sports car and its not worth the trouble

Attachments

• 328168262_609245787710173_3719633088296420510_n.png
    328168262_609245787710173_3719633088296420510_n.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 333453639_929200168100377_2885000235422592278_n.png
    333453639_929200168100377_2885000235422592278_n.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 6

Redleo

Reaction score
I'm a rcz newbie of two months. Had some issues, including timing issues and replacement and some other little stuff. It does drain my pocket but not willing to give up yet. Mine is currently 111000kms. It's a 2011.

Does anyone use a RCZ as a daily? I feel this is so unreliable, maybe it's my thoughts after the issues I am facing after a this short period of ownership
Hi I have an RCZ same age and approx mileage. After years of having enjoyable cars, I try to replace items before they go wrong. Plugs, oil, filters hoses etc. I had a squeak from he front and was getting pretty fed up with it, so replaced all of the front suspension except springs, no more squeaks in fact it is scarry how the car has improved especially getting he power down.

Claret63

Reaction score
This thread seems to be going side ways a little, as an owner of 2 RCZs I find them no more unreliable as anything else I have had over 35 years of owning cars, the key is servicing and maintenance, something I have always kept on top of.

Something that the majority of motorist don't do these days, you only have to look at the MOT history of some cars with advisories and failures to recognise that a lot of people don't even lift the bonnet to check anything.

It is my opinion that the RCZ is no more unreliable than any other car on the road if maintenance is kept on top of from day one, some cars will stand neglect more than others that is the only difference, most people just want to turn the key and drive these days untill something breaks down, then they are quick to moan.

Preventive maintenance is key, period in my book.

Last edited:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
In certain aspects preventative maintenance is a good thing, they are also things that no matter how on top you are that can still fail.

Take my RCZ. Low miles one owner. In the year or so I had it, along with x2 services I had to have done - chain, guides, tensioners and VVT sprockets, coil packs, coolant level sensor. After which I'd unfortunately lost interest in the car, which was a shame.

Compared to the Toyota GT86 I traded it in for, apart from routine stuff, that needed 1 headlight bulb in 3.5 years.

pugwash

Reaction score
I'm a rcz newbie of two months. Had some issues, including timing issues and replacement and some other little stuff. It does drain my pocket but not willing to give up yet. Mine is currently 111000kms. It's a 2011.

Does anyone use a RCZ as a daily? I feel this is so unreliable, maybe it's my thoughts after the issues I am facing after a this short period of ownership
Hi, use mine nearly every day 206.000k on the clock runs like a Swiss watch,but its a diesel