What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Who uses RCZ as a daily?

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
I'm a rcz newbie of two months. Had some issues, including timing issues and replacement and some other little stuff. It does drain my pocket but not willing to give up yet. Mine is currently 111000kms. It's a 2011.

Does anyone use a RCZ as a daily? I feel this is so unreliable, maybe it's my thoughts after the issues I am facing after a this short period of ownership

NF7

Reaction score
I use it as a daily driver. Had some issues (dying ignition coils, burning oil, random codes) when I bought it two years ago - it was a 2013 FL model at 118000km.

Then I said fuck it, replaced almost everything engine-wise (valve cover, water pump, belt, timing chain, ignition coils, sparkplugs, turbo, head refurbed, valve stem seals, refurbed cylinder walls, piston rings, etc.). Now it runs great, with no more error codes, and no more burning oil.

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
what made you say fuck it and refurbish almost all of the car? i am already fed up with some issues (posted in different threads). i yesterday came to a point to say "fuck it" endless problems and give it up and get myself a boring reliable corolla

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Corolla. It's great. Lovely and comfy for my knackered back.
Previous was 3.5 years of a lowered GT 86 😁

NF7

Reaction score
what made you say fuck it and refurbish almost all of the car? i am already fed up with some issues (posted in different threads). i yesterday came to a point to say "fuck it" endless problems and give it up and get myself a boring reliable corolla
When I almost failed our version of MOT because the car was burning so much oil that it seemed they have a fog machine in their garage.

Neville

Reaction score
Mine is a daily drive and reliable. Makes me smile every time! Always serviced by Peugeot dealer in Melbourne. The usual issues of HPFP and thermostat dealt with under warranty. Since then just routine maintenance, battery, front brake rotors, set of coil packs.

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Found a dedicated BMW mini garage here in Adelaide who knows RCZ well. Anyway rcz has BMW mini engines

Claret63

Reaction score
I'm a rcz newbie of two months. Had some issues, including timing issues and replacement and some other little stuff. It does drain my pocket but not willing to give up yet. Mine is currently 111000kms. It's a 2011.

Does anyone use a RCZ as a daily? I feel this is so unreliable, maybe it's my thoughts after the issues I am facing after a this short period of ownership
Which engine do you have?

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Mine is a daily drive and reliable. Makes me smile every time! Always serviced by Peugeot dealer in Melbourne. The usual issues of HPFP and thermostat dealt with under warranty. Since then just routine maintenance, battery, front brake rotors, set of coil packs.
the dealer in adelaide tends to look away from RCZ as they just give enournous quotes for the tiniest things and tells me they are busy to take in the car for anything. i found a place where they specilize in minicars - they live and breath minis. which i beleive shares the same bmw engine as the rcz

Neville

Reaction score
Australian RCZs we’re limited to the following range:
1. 1.6l petrol with 115 kw automatic
2. 1.6l petrol with 147 kw manual (200THP)
3. 2.0l diesel with 120kw manual
4. 1.6l petrol with 199 kw manual (270 THP. RCZ-R)

Very few diesels arrived so basically all petrols in the used car market.
None of the series 1 (2010 to 2013) had sat nav as an option. The series 2 all (2013-2015) had sat nav I believe.
The majority had 19” wheels but some of the early arrivals had 18”
All had leather seats and were equipped very similar to what the UK had with GT spec but no GT badges.
Then came the R in 2014……

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Australian RCZs we’re limited to the following range:
1. 1.6l petrol with 115 kw automatic
2. 1.6l petrol with 147 kw manual (200THP)
3. 2.0l diesel with 120kw manual
4. 1.6l petrol with 199 kw manual (270 THP. RCZ-R)

Very few diesels arrived so basically all petrols in the used car market.
None of the series 1 (2010 to 2013) had sat nav as an option. The series 2 all (2013-2015) had sat nav I believe.
The majority had 19” wheels but some of the early arrivals had 18”
All had leather seats and were equipped very similar to what the UK had with GT spec but no GT badges.
Then came the R in 2014……
Mine is 1.6l petrol with 115 kw automatic, no SAT NAV as its a 2011. Dont want to retro fit any double din players etc either - want tokeep it stock. But love to have a deeper exaust without making it sound like rice :) . want to do that when the current issues are taken cared of like the mysterious engine oil dripping issue. (oil dripps but dip stick says there is sufficent oil)

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Also adding that i have seen around 5 RCZ in South Australia including mine

sadly 1 was listed on FB market place as a nonrunner - probably bad maintenance made the car a lemon

there is 1 right now at Grays auction which is a manual with zero bids (reserve price is stated as 15k)

These cars needs expect attention and many goes to genric mechanic shops which they realy don't know what to do with it. for example i had a clock resetting issue and 2 electricians from 2 diffrent business had a look and had no clue - later i discovered myself that the Shant fuse was set to "parking", i changed it and solved the problem.

Even when i wanted to change my timing chain due to an error code, the dealer themself were reluctant to take it in, then i found a place where they specialize in Mini BMWs and they changed it for me. However i now left with oil dripping issue which i posted on a diffrent thread

Fig

Reaction score
I’ve only just bought mine but intend it to be a regular driver. I can’t see any reason why not.

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
I’ve only just bought mine but intend it to be a regular driver. I can’t see any reason why not.
I had it for few weeks, and for the amounts of tiny and major issues I faced, I feel it's not a reliable daily runner

Flanners

Reaction score
Think it depends on a little luck and obviously not purchasing a POS in the first instance....and more so on an Owner and/or mechanic that actually knows what they're doing....this Forum is full of posts where Owner's have been taken for a complete ride, fleeced for needless replacement parts and had really third rate shoddy work undertaken; mostly it seems that was never needed in the first instance..and many never sort their problems....(let's face it some haven't even checked their oil)....or conversely the cars are actually a bit shit.

Last edited:

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Think it depends on a little luck and obviously not purchasing a POS in the first instance....and more so on an Owner and/or mechanic that actually knows what they're doing....this Forum is full of posts where Owner's have been taken for a complete ride, fleeced for needless replacement parts and had really third rate shoddy work undertaken; mostly it seems that was never needed in the first instance..and many never sort their problems....(let's face it some haven't even checked their oil)....or conversely the cars are actually a bit shit.
Well said my mate. I had over 20 cars in my life and nothing more unreliable like a RCZ. I really regret my purchase and my advice to others who are planning to get one is that unless you really are in love with the design element and willing to spend $300 per month for repairs in average, then never ever buy a RCZ

Bad Frog

Reaction score
Did you PM me on facebook last week ? You sound like someone I spoke to who had given up on their RCZ lol. I think in Australia its really different from the UK due to the climate etc. They are also mostly bought by kids who only have 3k GBP to spend on a car and don’t know about / care about / or do any of their own maintenance But just want one because it looks nice. Then sell it off to the next unsuspecting victim once they drive it into the ground.

Fig

Reaction score
Well, I’ve had mine a month nearly, and used it every day. Apart from the fact it has stiff suspension so ride is a little compromised, I cannot see any reason why this car would be any more or less reliable than any other car.

Reactions: NF7

adelaideRCZ

Reaction score
Well, I’ve had mine a month nearly, and used it every day. Apart from the fact it has stiff suspension so ride is a little compromised, I cannot see any reason why this car would be any more or less reliable than any other car.
Give it another few months. These cars are good looking but extremely unreliable. Too delicate for every day use