What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Whistling Noise from the Wing

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I am just wondering how many people noticed a whistle noise coming from the back of the car, presumably the wing at higher speeds? At around 195kph (depending on the crosswind) I get this awful sound, it goes nowhere until you are around 230 kph. I asked the local tech guys, and they said that it was a normal thing, but I can't be satisfied with that. Let me know If you experience a similar thing with your car please.

A

Anonymous

195kph?............thats 121mph! I suggest the whistle noise might be the sound of your passenger filling their pants

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
195kph?............thats 121mph! I suggest the whistle noise might be the sound of your passenger filling their pants

:lol: :clap:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Nope I do not hear any noise from the wing at any speed, even at 127mph that I got up to the other day whilst jousting with a Ferrari 458 and a Porsche Turbo 911. However I do get a slight whistle from the wing mirrors as the wind goes through them (where they swivel).

A

Anonymous

No noise at 210 km/h, can't tell you any further. Check your spoiler, maybe one of the pieces is not perfectly in place and it whistles,maybe there's something in there (leaves, whatever...)

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty certain the sound of nee nah, nee nah, nee nah with the blue strobe light show will soon distract you from any whistling noise if you continue driving at that speed. :roll: Problem sorted. :)

Oops, just noticed you are not in the Uk but in Turkey. Having been to Turkey many times and "experienced" their roads and drivers, I pray you live a long and fruitful life if you continue to drive at that speed. I cannot imagine ever driving over 50mph if I lived there. Are you distantly related to any Japanese kamikaze pilots?

A

Anonymous

:lol: :clap: I too have experienced the Turkish taxi drivers who drive with no lights on ffs!

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:

That's hilarious, I had my mum with me on that particular day and she wasn't fazed by it. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

bokepacha said:
No noise at 210 km/h, can't tell you any further. Check your spoiler, maybe one of the pieces is not perfectly in place and it whistles,maybe there's something in there (leaves, whatever...)

I checked and I am suspicious of the little rubber pads that come down from the wind. I am going to check them out and see if twisting them around a bit helps.

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
:lol: :clap: I too have experienced the Turkish taxi drivers who drive with no lights on ffs!

They are just conserving energy, you know draining current by using your headlights puts a load on your alternator, in turn on your engine :)

A

Anonymous

gemini said:
Having been to Turkey many times and "experienced" their roads and drivers, I pray you live a long and fruitful life if you continue to drive at that speed. I cannot imagine ever driving over 50mph if I lived there. Are you distantly related to any Japanese kamikaze pilots?

Only accident I had so far was on a wheel of a Volvo doing 110 kph, it was so boring I felt asleep. True story.

Thanks for the good wishes and about being related to kamikaze pilots, we have the same league of men in our armies (e.g. people in galipoli war, or volunteers named Serdengecti throughout Ottoman Empire) so I guess why not :)