What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which tyres

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Are the Vredestiens the ones with the weird tread pattern? I didnt think they looked very grippy on the pics lol.
Wouldn't say that...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Ah ok. :)

These are the ones I saw.

Ooh I like those, better start putting pennies in the piggy I think :eusa-think:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ-R ..I mentioned the load index simply to point it out as I was put off the Goodyears purely because of the fact of the load rating even though in real world terms I'm sure it wouldn't really make a difference other than maybe to an insurance company. ,,Like I say its the 'power of marketing' AND Peugeot simply adjusting their recommendation to suit that of their supplier, therefore I bet 92 / 96 load rating probably in your words equates to B******* even if I can't bring myself to write it ! :beer:

Renegade79 ,,did your supplier forget to tell you that "the big blue" owns the warehouse next to that racetrack in France and its where I store all my part worn re-treads prior to selling them as new :thumbup:

AND on my final controversial note ,,its the Eurocrats that have made an issue about tyre noise and once again those damn marketing fiends that have packaged it nicely to help sell their products! Tyre noise inside the cabin can be dealt with by manufacturers using sufficient noise isolation and deadening materials in the wheel arches etc BUT that would add weight and weight adds to emissions. Road surface is probably the greatest influence ,,not to mention all the pot holes in the UK.

Next the Eurocrats will turn their attention to 'engine noise' as the governing body did with Formula 1 and didnt they sound nice in 2014 :( . If all this carries on we'll end up with hybrid petrol/ electric engines in our Z's ,,did I hear someone whisper PRIUS as they are mighty quiet AND have a unique styling silhouette also !! :twisted:

.the big blue (..another installment from the recluse on the Forum back benches !) :oops:

hubcaps

Reaction score
The ones with the weird tread pattern is the Sessanta type. Not available in our size.

hubcaps

Reaction score
the big blue said:

RCZ-R ..I mentioned the load index simply to point it out as I was put off the Goodyears purely because of the fact of the load rating even though in real world terms I'm sure it wouldn't really make a difference other than maybe to an insurance company. ,,Like I say its the 'power of marketing' AND Peugeot simply adjusting their recommendation to suit that of their supplier, therefore I bet 92 / 96 load rating probably in your words equates to B******* even if I can't bring myself to write it ! :beer:

Renegade79 ,,did your supplier forget to tell you that "the big blue" owns the warehouse next to that racetrack in France and its where I store all my part worn re-treads prior to selling them as new :thumbup:

AND on my final controversial note ,,its the Eurocrats that have made an issue about tyre noise and once again those damn marketing fiends that have packaged it nicely to help sell their products! Tyre noise inside the cabin can be dealt with by manufacturers using sufficient noise isolation and deadening materials in the wheel arches etc BUT that would add weight and weight adds to emissions. Road surface is probably the greatest influence ,,not to mention all the pot holes in the UK.

Next the Eurocrats will turn their attention to 'engine noise' as the governing body did with Formula 1 and didnt they sound nice in 2014 :( . If all this carries on we'll end up with hybrid petrol/ electric engines in our Z's ,,did I hear someone whisper PRIUS as they are mighty quiet AND have a unique styling silhouette also !! :twisted:

.the big blue (..another installment from the recluse on the Forum back benches !) :oops:

Quite agree

RCZ-R

Reaction score
the big blue said:

Cheers. Those GYs have an 92 load index on my R. According to COC papers I can ride as low as 89 load index on the R.
I agree with you that most of the options at 235/40/19 are 96 load index. Those Mich Sport Cup 2 are available on 96 only.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
235/40 ZR19 96Y
Passenger summer
XL 214.43£
-39% 130.99£
109,16 £ ET

Free delivery 48h72h
Free delivery for two identical tyres bought.
In stock

Just found the above at Tyreleader £130.99 per tyre, delivered (not including fitting, but I can get that for @ £10 per tyre locally).

I don't need them just yet, but pretty sure before the end of the summer a couple of these will come in handy.

renegade79

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
235/40 ZR19 96Y
Passenger summer
XL 214.43£
-39% 130.99£
109,16 £ ET

Free delivery 48h72h
In stock

Just found the above at Tyreleader £130.99 per tyre, delivered (not including fitting, but I can get that for @ £10 per tyre locally).

I don't need them just yet, but pretty sure before the end of the summer a couple of these will come in handy.

can't argue with that price. how's the piggy bank looking now? any nearer the quads??? :dance:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Not a chance. I think I can see a new kitchen on the horizon long before any quads appear :thumbdown:

stagger321

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Not a chance. I think I can see a new kitchen on the horizon long before any quads appear :thumbdown:
Why would you want a kitchen in your car DKZ? :wtf:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I thought that's what that strange space behind the front two seats was for, cos you can't get any people in there :p

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Ha! The old helmet box. Can you get them from RczPerformance ? Perhaps a group buy :crazy:

Nice air filter though :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Vredestein Ultrac Vorti
235/40 ZR19 96Y
Passenger summer
XL 214.43£
-39% 130.99£
109,16 £ ET

Free delivery 48h72h
In stock

For some reason the price is still going down.... Quoting £129.19 each today: at this rate, by the time I need them, I should be able to get them for @ £40 each :shock: :eusa-think:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I thought that's what that strange space behind the front two seats was for, cos you can't get any people in there :p
Hey i had 3 average sized people sitting back there while driving! :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Did you take them straight to the hospital or did you call off somewhere first :lol:

A

Anonymous

Does anybody know if 265/40/18 tyres fit RCZ?

I have some doubts about the front wheel.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Looking at a tyre calculator, its pretty much the same sidewall height and circumference as the standard tyre. I do think it would rub on the front due to the width though. I have 255 and it rubs on full lock sometimes.

A

Anonymous

Yep, got that...

Another problem - for 265/40/18 9J or more width is needed, while stock 18" rims are 8.0J...

255/35/19 seems to be the answer.