What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which tyres

t110jim

Reaction score
What tyres are people running on their RCz and what are your opinions ride quality, grip, noise and wear levels

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have Nankang NS-II on the front. They are quite loud but I have done 8k miles on them and still have around 6mm of tread. They grip quite well if your sensible, but slip a little if your heavy footed from low speeds or a stand still.

I have Delinte Thunder on the back. Done the same mileage with about 5mm tread left.

renegade79

Reaction score
Michelin pilot super sports. They're expensive and only come with 4mm of thread but my tyre man swears by them. He wouldn't let me put anything else on there!

A

Anonymous

Driven 2k km on Continental ContiSportContact 3, going to change them for Michelin Pilot Sport/Super Sport or Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
If i'll change on mine (currently original Continentals) i think i'll be buying the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Still running on originals, car has done @ 13k now, down to @ 3.5 on front but still 6.5 on rear. Will need to change fronts soon. Not sure which way to go yet. Will look at reviews & price & make a decision at the time, but definitely not going cheap on tyres. Most important safety feature on the car :eusa-think:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi all' :greetings-wavingblue:

I swapped from the original spec Conti contisport 3's to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and unlike "renegade79" Mich PSS's mine came with more than 4mm of tread.
.......Hey renegage 79 ,,are you sure that your mechanic didn't sell you a set of part worns's ?? ! :lol:

Am I right in thinking that the folk considering the Goodyear Eagle F1's are doing so on the basis that they are fitted to the "R"??. If so they need to be aware that the Goodyears only come in a 92 Load Rating and all the other Z's have a 96 Load Rated tyre I believe. ALTHOUGH I bet had Goodyear made the F1's in a 96 Load rating the "R" would have had 96's too !!
However I suspect that the change in tyre was more likely due to a marketing deal with Peugeot and Goodyear for the R', and OEM tyres are not necessarily the best which is why Conti Contisport 3 do not seem to be the Z' owners favoured hoops ! :clap:

So much of what we consume comes down to looks and price, unless you smoke your tyres by driving on the edge of adhesion as matter of course OR you are lucky enough to spend your time doing a lot of track days.

.the big blue (.."marketing" is the modern day decider of many things and I say this as a Back Bencher who never ever considered using Total Oil before I got my Z' as I was a committed Castrol & Mobil 1 golden stuff guzzler !)
:beer:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
If i'll change on mine (currently original Continentals) i think i'll be buying the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric.

good choice. Those Goodyears work fine on the R. They have a very predictable behavior, especially in wet. And you can drive them off, down to 2mm and they still work fine in wet.
In dry they tend to lightly understeer when you push them really hard. We are talking really hard here. And they are a quiet tire. Comfortable too.

Don't worry about the 92 load index. That is more than enough for the lightweight RCZ. That 96 load index is bollocks. Totally useless.

I have driven off a set of those Goodyears on my R. Coming summer I might switch to some Michelins, just to try them on the R. But if there is no reasonable choice of tire brand for my R, I'd gladly stick to the Goodyear and give them another shot.

t110jim

Reaction score
Anybody tried Dunlop sport max rt or vredestien ultrac vortis not looking for a cheap tyre just something quieter than the contis :thumbup:

renegade79

Reaction score
the big blue said:
Hi all' :greetings-wavingblue:

I swapped from the original spec Conti contisport 3's to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and unlike "renegade79" Mich PSS's mine came with more than 4mm of tread.
.......Hey renegage 79 ,,are you sure that your mechanic didn't sell you a set of part worns's ?? ! :lol:

Am I right in thinking that the folk considering the Goodyear Eagle F1's are doing so on the basis that they are fitted to the "R"??. If so they need to be aware that the Goodyears only come in a 92 Load Rating and all the other Z's have a 96 Load Rated tyre I believe. ALTHOUGH I bet had Goodyear made the F1's in a 96 Load rating the "R" would have had 96's too !!
However I suspect that the change in tyre was more likely due to a marketing deal with Peugeot and Goodyear for the R', and OEM tyres are not necessarily the best which is why Conti Contisport 3 do not seem to be the Z' owners favoured hoops ! :clap:

So much of what we consume comes down to looks and price, unless you smoke your tyres by driving on the edge of adhesion as matter of course OR you are lucky enough to spend your time doing a lot of track days.

.the big blue (.."marketing" is the modern day decider of many things and I say this as a Back Bencher who never ever considered using Total Oil before I got my Z' as I was a committed Castrol & Mobil 1 golden stuff guzzler !)
:beer:

i was told they're like a track tyre, and the warehouse that stores them is beside some race track in france. ok, i know that sounds like i've been spun a yarn but i trust this fella and i'm on my second set. for the sake of comparison etc, maybe big blue, you might enquire from your tyre man, where it is he is getting your michelin's. i would be interested to know if i have been duped :lol:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
t110jim said:
Anybody tried Dunlop sport max rt or vredestien ultrac vortis not looking for a cheap tyre just something quieter than the contis :thumbup:
Can't say anything about those two options but the Goodyear's are rated at 68 dB while the Continentals are 73 dB. Michelins where 71 dB or so i believe.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
i was told they're like a track tyre, and the warehouse that stores them is beside some race track in france. ok, i know that sounds like i've been spun a yarn but i trust this fella and i'm on my second set. for the sake of comparison etc, maybe big blue, you might enquire from your tyre man, where it is he is getting your michelin's. i would be interested to know if i have been duped :lol:
I really don't think they are considered a Track tire. They are a track tire in the sense that they are well-performing in the more pricey range of tires yes, but sold as a specifik track tire i don't think.

They are also found on the new Focus ST as original tires.

renegade79

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
renegade79 said:
I really don't think they are considered a Track tire. They are a track tire in the sense that they are well-performing in the more pricey range of tires yes, but sold as a specifik track tire i don't think.

They are also found on the new Focus ST as original tires.

yes i would agree with you there. interesting ratings about the db levels of the conti's!!

hubcaps

Reaction score
My HDI Z had Continental 3s on as OE. Hated them so much I ditched them and got a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx RTs. Good, but no cigar. On paper they promised to be quiet at 68Dbs but were fairly noisy. Wore the fronts out at about 14000, and got a pair of Vredestien Ultrac Vortis. They seem to be much quieter and very supple and, if anything, they grip better than the RTs. Most of the road noise is from the back now, so I'm trying to wear the remaining Dunlops out!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I wish I could afford these type of tyre for my car lol. Im having to stick with mid range tyres. The next tyres im going to try are called Altenzo sport comfort. @£75 a tyre.

For the michelind it would ve £185 a tyre :?

hubcaps

Reaction score
Oh......I forgot. Event Tyres are selling the Vreds at £161 mobile fully fitted. Pretty good I reckon.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
hubcaps said:
My HDI Z had Continental 3s on as OE. Hated them so much I ditched them and got a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx RTs. Good, but no cigar. On paper they promised to be quiet at 68Dbs but were fairly noisy. Wore the fronts out at about 14000, and got a pair of Vredestien Ultrac Vortis. They seem to be much quieter and very supple and, if anything, they grip better than the RTs. Most of the road noise is from the back now, so I'm trying to wear the remaining Dunlops out!
Those Vredestiens sounds like a fairly good choice then :)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Are the Vredestiens the ones with the weird tread pattern? I didnt think they looked very grippy on the pics lol.