What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which products are you using on your RCZ

A

Anonymous

The meguiars one is the one they recommended along with another meguiars one.

FGRob

Reaction score
Starting from scratch - well it could be :lol:

Wash the car with Meguiars Gold shampoo - as suggested above, used it for many years.

If there are areas of concern I use Sonus products with a Meguiars G220 orbital polisher - three stages depending how big a problem there is.

If I don't need to use the above I will then use DoDo Blue velvet hard wax (good for dark colours), normally two coats, buffing by hand then with a larger orbital polisher I have - I will do this every 2 - 3 months.

If I'm showing then I will do a top up polish with Meguiars Ulimate detailer - good to give it an extra shine.

On the alloys I use Rim wax - keeps dust down and allows easy cleaning

On the leather I use Meguiars Gold Class leather care - works well.

On the rubber / plastics I use AutoGlym Bumper gel.

On the tyres I use AutoGlym Instant Tyre Dressing.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rob

When I get it, I'll give it an HD wax and then a weekly wash. Was going to get the Rim Wax but Auto Express didn't rate it well. They gave top marks to AutoGlym Alloy Wheel seal so I've bought some of that. I'll get some of the Meguiars and I've already got a microfibre cleaning mit and microfibre towels for drying. I'll also use the two bucket method. Hope my good intentions last :clap:

My last car was metallic black and looked great the same day as it was waxed...but the next day :roll:

G81

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
My last car was metallic black and looked great the same day as it was waxed...but the next day :roll:

I know the feeling, and then you start seeing the dreaded swirls and fine scratches. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Exactamundo!!!!

That's why I want to start with good habits. It's only the second time I've not had a pre-owned.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hey I've got two black cars - one's a solid black the other is metallic, the solid is by far the worst when it comes to scratches and swirls.

Rob.

t110jim

Reaction score
Just got my one on thursday washed with meguiars shampoo plus with wash mit also r222 total auto wash. This was followed by poorboys blackhole glaze topped with blackfire afpp. wheels and roof arches treated with blackfire all metal sealant and tyres dressed with blacfire tyre gell

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
Just got my one on thursday washed with meguiars shampoo plus with wash mit also r222 total auto wash. This was followed by poorboys blackhole glaze topped with blackfire afpp. wheels and roof arches treated with blackfire all metal sealant and tyres dressed with blacfire tyre gell

Pics???? Preferably before and after your efforts. :clap:

t110jim

Reaction score
IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2m3h9fk.jpg[/IMG]

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:

You like Blackfire products then :D

I've heard lots of great things about the Blackfire products, especially on black cars. Yours is looking great :thumbup:

t110jim

Reaction score
Yep car was full off marring and on sides also light scratches on bonnet clam removed these with g220 then blackfire. Also use gloss it products and will topcoat with concorso when I get a chance but to busy driving it just now

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
Yep car was full off marring and on sides also light scratches on bonnet clam removed these with g220 then blackfire. Also use gloss it products and will topcoat with concorso when I get a chance but to busy driving it just now

I hope my RCZ will be in better condition when I get mine.

A

Anonymous

MY CAR IS BLACK METTALLIC AND I GOT THE GARD X TREATMENT BEFORE I GOT MY CAR,I USE THE GARDX WASH/WAX THEN CHAMMY IT OFF,SO FAR ITS BEEN REALLY GOOD,IF I WANT AN EXTRA SHINE I USE A SMALL TOUCH OF AUTOGLYM LIQUID POLISH,JUST STANDARD,WITH FRESH CLEAN CLOTHES,WAX ON WAX OFF,SO FAR IT HAS WORKED A TREAT.

RCZ1

Reaction score
BLACKRCZ said:
MY CAR IS BLACK METTALLIC AND I GOT THE GARD X TREATMENT BEFORE I GOT MY CAR,I USE THE GARDX WASH/WAX THEN CHAMMY IT OFF,SO FAR ITS BEEN REALLY GOOD,IF I WANT AN EXTRA SHINE I USE A SMALL TOUCH OF AUTOGLYM LIQUID POLISH,JUST STANDARD,WITH FRESH CLEAN CLOTHES,WAX ON WAX OFF,SO FAR IT HAS WORKED A TREAT.

It won't if you persist in using the chamois leather. That will introduce swirls and scratches to your paintwork in no time.
Throw away the chamois leather and invest in some lovely soft microfibre drying towels. Much kinder to your paintwork and one will dry the whole car without having to rinse it out. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ 1
you seem to know your stuff,looking for some advice when i wash my RCZ :D with my lambs wool mit then rinse the soap off are you talking about just use the microfibre cloth to wipe away the excess water ?? Mmmmmm ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
rasper said:
Hi RCZ 1
you seem to know your stuff,looking for some advice when i wash my RCZ :D with my lambs wool mit then rinse the soap off are you talking about just use the microfibre cloth to wipe away the excess water ?? Mmmmmm ;)

Hi Rasper

Your RCZ is black isn't it?

If so, then when washing your car, if you can, do it in the shade preferably, late in the day when the sun is not very strong. This way, the sun won't dry the water / soap suds on your car leaving water marks that you can't get rid off. For black cars I find its best to wash a panel at a time, rinse the soap suds off with an open hose pipe (no attachment on the end), then dry the panel with a plush drying towel (microfibre). The open hose method means you are left with less standing water on your car to dry off, making it much easier and quicker to dry. I tend to start with the roof, then the bonnet, then down one side, the the other, not forgetting the rear end. :D

I can't wait to get my hands on my RCZ to wash it and prepare it properly. If I can help you guys by offering advice in the meantime, then it makes the wait a little bit easier.

If I can help any further, please ask.

I don't profess to know everything about detailing, its just information and experience that I have acquired over the last 3.5 years doing our two cars and also family and friend cars on occasions.

Kerry

t110jim

Reaction score
Sorry to but in you are looking for a microfibre drying towel try polished bliss or clean your car web sites far kinder to your paint work especially on a black car

RCZ1

Reaction score
t110jim said:
Sorry to but in you are looking for a microfibre drying towel try polished bliss or clean your car web sites far kinder to your paint work especially on a black car

I agree.

Are you on detailing world Jim?

t110jim

Reaction score
not a member but look in most days some stunning work on there also lots of information