What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which model to buy please.

Mickymac

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a RCZ soon, which would you recommend, can't decide between 200bhp petrol or the diesel, will be getting a mk 2013 onwards. Not one for throwing around corners so handling is secondary to a bit of straight line performance. Or is the 156. ok with a remap.If it's the petrol I'll put a grand away for timing chain and potential engine clean. Thanks in advance for your advice.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have the 2013 MKII 200GT. Handling comes as standard to the RCZ anyway, and you will be amazed how it corners like it’s on rails.
Straight line speed - the 200BHP was the fastest production car Peugeot had made until the R came along.
I would suggest driving a 156, a 163 diesel and a 200 if you can.
I don’t think you will be disappointed with the performance of any of them, but the 200 is quite special.
Just bear in mind, any remap puts extra strain on all parts of the car, engine, brakes, etc etc. So maybe a 200 rather than a 156 remapped would be a safer option.

Mickymac

Reaction score
Thanks, can't do anything because of civic restrictions hence my "hoping " to buy. I have heard the diesel is a little bit heavier in cornering but the reliability factor and all that torque is very tempting.A lot of car for not a lot of money.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum it's all about personal choice I have driven 156 and Hdi and I was well impressed with the performance of the RCZ hdi that I ended up buying the wife one too...
Happy hunting hope you find the right RCZ for you..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Nemi

Reaction score
Get THP200 if you need more performance, get diesel if you want more reliability.

THP200 feels a bit more sporty because it comes with smaller steering wheel, shorter gear shifter, acoustic thing which gives more engine noise inside cabin, bigger brakes, stiffer suspension. Although diesel can have some of these features if equipped with sport package (?).

Remap THP200 to get some extra fun.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hdi MK2 GT.. Small steering wheel, shame size disks only difference petrol engine.. To diesel engine.. 163 bhp stage one remap takes it up to 200bhp... And not bad for a RCZ which is carrying extra 80kg than the petrol....and the torque is unreal certainly pushes you back into your seat 💺

Ian J.

Reaction score
I have the 2013 MKII 200GT. Handling comes as standard to the RCZ anyway, and you will be amazed how it corners like it’s on rails.
Straight line speed - the 200BHP was the fastest production car Peugeot had made until the R came along.
I would suggest driving a 156, a 163 diesel and a 200 if you can.
I don’t think you will be disappointed with the performance of any of them, but the 200 is quite special.
Just bear in mind, any remap puts extra strain on all parts of the car, engine, brakes, etc etc. So maybe a 200 rather than a 156 remapped would be a safer option.
Have to agree
Brakes are an optional extra as you don't need to slow down for corners .