What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which Fuse is for Spoiler?

thornebt

Reaction score
I tried finding out which fuse is in the spoiler circuit but the handbook doesn't state which one - which I found surprising. I was trying to find the fuse as my spoiler stuck in the up position after I replaced the thermostat housing which involved disconnecting the battery. However, the problem rectified itself after I took it on the motorway and the spoiler started working normally again. So if your problem is that the spoiler is not shutting I recommend a quick trip up the motorway.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for this info and yes, enough speed did fix it.
And speed is a really weird way to fix a problem(?) with a car.
That kind of thing should be mentioned on Manual.

Buddy

Reaction score
I don't know if my spoiler is working in auto mode although when I'm doing 70ish a quick dab of the button and it pops into view in the mirror, quicker than if I press the button when it is down, however, I have run it up to a somewhat more illegal speed and it didn't show. OK a few MPH more and it may have but I want to just know that it works as it should, not further risk my licence. It works perfectly in manual off the button and I have driven significant mileage with it at max, when I stopped it didn't go back to the park position. So, what operates the spoiler to the maximum height? Do both positions operate from the same unit? Is it a relay or other module? I have oiled the mechanism, Manual button operation is good but a little noisy.

Buddy

Reaction score
I have read of a calibration for the spoiler operation but can anyone tell me how this is done?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
To see if it's working as it should get someone to follow you up the road as it comes up just over 50mph to the first setting and up to max setting over 90mph... Or you can open it to the max put some confetti or cut up paper in then close it down and go for a drive... Note at the first setting it's hard to see in the mirror... Can also get someone small in the back seats and ask them to look...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
95to97mph the spoiler raises to full height at that speed you really shouldn’t be looking over your shoulder ;-)

Buddy

Reaction score
Recently managed to confirm operation of the spoiler, set driver side mirror to low and drive west on a late afternoon when the sun is bright and keeping one eye on the shadow of the rear, the spoiler clearly operated to the first setting up around 55, down about 35, confirmed the max setting on a different and empty road.