What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Where the - is the MAF??

LannyFick

Reaction score
Hello all, as title description please, because I've been all over the air intake and I can't find it.
I have a cone filter fitted so the air box is already out but for the life of me I can't see it. I've removed the pressure sensors thinking they were it but obviously not. HELP please.
Maybe a photo with a rough arrow pointing in the general direction might help - I feel such a goon

2retro

Reaction score
I always get confused between the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor and the MAP (Mass Air Pressure) Sensor but one of them is to the left of the air filter when looking from front of car and is easily accessible as it sits right on top of the engine.

The other one is right pain though as it's located underneath the air filter and, although you may just be able to reach it by squeezing a hand down there, it's generally necessary to remove the whole air filter box to get to it.

Hope that helps! 👍

LannyFick

Reaction score
Cheers 2retro, I've had both these off but reading the Bosch numbers of each unit they don't point towards a MAF. Nevermind I've cleaned both sensors see if it helps with my intermittent problem 👍👍

tm2204

Reaction score
Old thread but relevant to some work I've been doing to my car lately.

I am led to believe that unlike the 200 THP the 156 THP has no MAF sensor, it's airflow is unmetered.

The 2 sensors on the left side of the car looking on from front are the Boost sensor (on the intercooler return) and Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) (under the airbox).

I've recently installed my Racechip and had both these sensors out to clean them before connecting them to the Racechip wiring harness.

Can anybody of knowledge confirm/deny my hypothesis here 😁

Pedro

Reaction score
The 200 Has both a MAF & MAP these are needed for the ECU to determine the AIr/ fuel mixture ratio settings on the Air intake "MAF". The MAP sensor monitors the Manifold Absolute Pressure nearly all modern cars need these for the ECU to measure the mixture for cold start & throttle demands etc