What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wheel spacers

disco

Reaction score
hi all

running 18" 8J all round but want to get some 15mm spacers for the rears, could someone please advise which ones are correct fitment and also what size longer wheel bolts i need, thank you all in advance.

Kerr

Reaction score
Check with your insurance company firstly. A lot of them really don't like wheel spacers. Big premium hikes for something so little.

2retro

Reaction score
Insurance companies are bloodsucking leeches only slightly above Traffic Wardens so, yes, I would say so! :D

Kerr

Reaction score
Insurance companies are bloodsucking leeches only slightly above Traffic Wardens so, yes, I would say so! :D

Seems like a large and unnecessary risk to me. Your insurance is void when you knowingly withhold information.

As much as some insurance companies can be a bit difficult, there as many people trying to rip them off with claims and failure to disclose.

2retro

Reaction score
Withhold information? Not at all - those were on the car when I bought it and as far as I know are standard equipment...

thornebt

Reaction score
Withhold information? Not at all - those were on the car when I bought it and as far as I know are standard equipment...
That approach won't work! They will not accept ignorance as an excuse.

Kerr

Reaction score
Please don't encourage people to commit insurance fraud. You can't criticise insurance companies if you're willing to defraud them.

There is too many people out there not insured properly on their cars. There is also plenty fully aware they have breached their PCP finance agreements when they modify and tune the cars.

They risk being forced to pay off huge loans they can't afford and expect their warranty to be unaffected too. People need to accept responsibility for their actions.

This is one of the best examples I've seen. This guy had a claim thrown out and took the case up with the Ombudsman. He claims he didn't know his car was modified.

2retro

Reaction score
Next you'll be suggesting people don't keep their cars in locked garages overnight...! 🙄

Kerr

Reaction score
I am just sitting here scratching my head. Bizarre.

2retro

Reaction score
I'm not saying the guy in your example is in the right. He's just taking the piss by turning his car into a F1 car and not saying anything but I'm not going to be ringing Direct Line every time I want to add a sticker so they can increase my premium! You can though if you want - be my guest...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
hi all

running 18" 8J all round but want to get some 15mm spacers for the rears, could someone please advise which ones are correct fitment and also what size longer wheel bolts i need, thank you all in advance.
You need 5 x 108, 65.1 wheel bore and 65.1 hub centric.
I’m not sure about the thread length as I have aftermarket alloys with a tapered seat where if your using standard alloys you need the flat seat type bolts your probably looking at 50mm thread length 75mm total bolt.

thornebt

Reaction score
But can they prove otherwise? I think not. 😎
They don't need to prove anything. They will just invalidate your claim for modifying your vehicle and not declaring the modification.

2retro

Reaction score
If they were that way inclined they would always find something so they can wriggle out of paying up so I guess you can make your own choice on whether every single tiny change to your car needs to be mentioned or not. I bet everyone here has done at least 1 so called 'modification' without declaring it to their insurance if they're 100% honest though...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I haven’t mentioned all the mods I’ve done on mine, but I think it’s getting to the point where they’re probably quite noticeable now, so I might have to give them a call...

78CDD98C-DADC-45DF-8FDF-5EB5AA655D7C.jpeg