What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wheel Refurb

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
That's a good deal but says it excludes polished rims :eusa-think:

our bog standard alloys aren't polished are they???? :eek:

A

Anonymous

Dont think so, laqured maybe.
The Solstice Onyx is diamond/laser cut I think, well that what I was told when I had mine done.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Dont think so, laqured maybe.
The Solstice Onyx is diamond/laser cut I think, well that what I was told when I had mine done.

I did know that, I wouldn't have expected them to be repaired for that price. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's why I had a :eusa-think:

I'm sure people have mentioned about some of the alloys being polished but I could be mistaken (alloys not my strong point) and I wasn't sure which alloys you had.

Mine have a lacquer on them, so the guy who repaired my alloy said, but then he talked to me like I was a woman who didn't know much about wheels ;)

A

Anonymous

From what I was told when I had mine repaired the guy said a lot of repairers repair the damage but sometimes do not lacquer the repair, they leave it slightly polished because the lacquer can sometimes lift.

Having said that my son had two of his done and the whole rim was re-lacquered after being repaired.

My Onyx Solstice was repaired but NOT lacquered, the repair was polished to match the rest of the rim, and it still looks a perfect match.

I just think all repairers have different techniques and ideas.
What I would suggest is dont be attracted by price and if possible use a repairer that has already done someone elses alloys that you know and have a good look at the repair.

A friend of mine had a mobile repairer come to our works and he did all 4 wheels in 2 hours in the works car park, OMG they were dreadful :eek:
And only cost £150, what a bargain NOT !!!!! Repairs of any sort that include paint or lacquer ect cannot be a good idea when it is done outside in the elements :thumbdown:

This fella had an umbrella to stop dust ect blowing onto the wet repaired wheels and a hot air gun to dry them, it was comical :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Good points Jactac :thumbup:

I made the mistake of using a mobile alloy repairer once. He came to my house to do it, it was quite a windy day so lots of dust blowing around. He was struggling to do it and when he had finished, it didn't look good at all. The match wasn't good and there was overspray. :thumbdown: I learned my lesson.

The place I really took Pearl too to get her alloy repaired were much, much better. Had their own unit and looked a very professional outfit. Did a great job on the alloy and as it wasn't that badly damaged, cheaper than the mobile place too.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Good points Jactac :thumbup:

I made the mistake of using a mobile alloy repairer once. He came to my house to do it, it was quite a windy day so lots of dust blowing around. He was struggling to do it and when he had finished, it didn't look good at all. The match wasn't good and there was overspray. :thumbdown: I learned my lesson.

The place I really took Pearl too to get her alloy repaired were much, much better. Had their own unit and looked a very professional outfit. Did a great job on the alloy and as it wasn't that badly damaged, cheaper than the mobile place too.

Yep K, once bitten as they say !
If the repair was on my little works run around Astra then fair enough, or dare I say it on something that I was selling on, but certainly not on my pride n joy .

Paint, lacqure ect ect really needs to be applied indoors and preferably baked on in an oven.
Damp air can even have an effect on the repair before any paint or lacqure has touched it !

Play safe I say :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

This place SHOULD be ok, I have to take it to an industrial estate, so fingers crossed!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
This place SHOULD be ok, I have to take it to an industrial estate, so fingers crossed!

In my eperience its best to get both wheels done on the same side of the car if its only one wheel thats kerbed because no matter how good a job they do on one whole wheel it wont the match the other wheel especially shade of the standard 19"sortielge if thats there name :eusa-think: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well I got my repair done on Friday and I'm really impressed with it. The colour match is great and I'm buggered if I can see/feel where the damaged bit was! Hope the repair holds out for the long term and doesn't start flake or anything.
I'd use them again. The OH seems impressed with the place too, he's away to get a price for respraying stone chipped rear arches on the RS.

For those of us in the NE/Aberdeen area - Paint Technic on Craigshaw Road, next door to AC Yule.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Well I got my repair done on Friday and I'm really impressed with it. The colour match is great and I'm buggered if I can see/feel where the damaged bit was! Hope the repair holds out for the long term and doesn't start flake or anything.
I'd use them again. The OH seems impressed with the place too, he's away to get a price for respraying stone chipped rear arches on the RS.

For those of us in the NE/Aberdeen area - Paint Technic on Craigshaw Road, next door to AC Yule.

Which type of wheels do you have and how much did they quote? I get mine done tomorrow. Will post before/after pics, but I opted for 3 day repair as I have the solstice anthracite wheels(diamond cut)

A

Anonymous

I have the standard 19" Sportilege wheels. I got it repaired using a Groupon voucher, so it only cost me £29, but the going rate was £65.

A

Anonymous

Thats a great price! Glad you are happy with the repairs. Mine are costing £95 per wheel (2 to do), but I do get a free courtesy car for the duration (makes up for it a little). Better not kerb them again!

A

Anonymous

I just had a txt from my dealer saying "repairs at £25 per corner" I shall investigate more on Thursday when I visit them and report back.

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
I just had a txt from my dealer saying "repairs at £25 per corner" I shall investigate more on Thursday when I visit them and report back.
Is that AT or From £25 per corner? A little like when shops say up to 70% off so a 5% reduction fall within those parameters.

A

Anonymous

Had my 2 front wheels refurbed last week. Sorry about the first two pics, but I forgot to take pics of my nice new shiny wheels and they are a little dirty now, but look as good as new when washed! Shouldn't be hard to work out the before/after shots

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335268940.561354.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335268940.561354.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5,185
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335268964.014865.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335268964.014865.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 5,185
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335268983.596545.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335268983.596545.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 5,185
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335269429.521004.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335269429.521004.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5,185
A

Anonymous

My scuff was certainly worse than yours :lol: I have a 'before' photo at home somewhere, I'll upload it later.
Like I said, now I can't even feel where the damage was, let alone see it.....

A

Anonymous

jc73uk said:
Had my 2 front wheels refurbed last week. Sorry about the first two pics, but I forgot to take pics of my nice new shiny wheels and they are a little dirty now, but look as good as new when washed! Shouldn't be hard to work out the before/after shots

Likey them wheels a lot jc uncommon :cool: how daft where you to kerb them in the first place ;)