What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wheel bearing noise

Reaction score
Hi Guys, wondered if anyone has had the experience of changing wheel bearings, I have developed the dreaded humming noise not sure yet if it's coming from the rear or front until we have jacked her up & rotated the wheels.
We have changed wheel bearings on other cars but not on Peugeot's, if anyone has or can advised I would be most appreciated, also it's not my tyres as this as all of a sudden developed. Thanks.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
No experience and not heard of anyone else having this issue. So keep us posted on what you find as the cause and if you end-up changing the wheel bearings how big of a job it is.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had a 405 some years ago, the wheel bearings went on that about 3 times while we owned it, but I believe they were renowned for that issue. On that car the brake discs incorporated the wheel bearings, so it was an expensive job every time it happened.
I have not heard of anyone mentioning this problem with their Z's though, so as Steve said, keep us posted how you get on.

Sanity

Reaction score
Little off topic. DKZ5745: I had a 405 mi16 (90 model) and those bearings were not integraded as far as I remeber?
Anyhow, someone must have replaced the brakediscs at some point and may share the answer? :)

Brolly

Reaction score
The rear bearings are a hub unit that just bolts on, not sure about front but would expect it to be a press in bearing.

So the rears will be quite straight forward.

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the replies, on giving the car a good check over all seems ok but I had noticed that part of the road that I travel to work on seemed to be when the noise appeared so hopefully that's all it was.