What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What's your opinion?

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, its my 1st posting & i'm from Singapore. I have a very important question to ask.

I own a 2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7A and recently i saw the RCZ in the Peugeot showroom and fell in love with the design, nice drive & sporty interior. In my mind, i'd choose pearl black with 19" wheels. The RCZ is a stunner. I dont drive agressively so the 1.6turbo engine at 156hp for the auto is fine. The car cost abt SGD$175,000 brand new. Very pricey for a 1.6turbo sport car and Peugeot does not have a good branding and resale value in Singapore too.

My question is: Would you go for a brand new RCZ or stick with a 3+yr old Cayman?

Some people tell me to stick with my Porsche for the branding & the Cayman is a good sports car.

If i decide with my mind, i'd stick with my Cayman but if i decide with my heart, i'd go with the RCZ! Its a struggle... What to do??!!

A

Anonymous

Difficult Question to answer as I have never had nor ever wanted a Porsche. My brother has one and would sell his wife before his Porsche, but then he can afford to leave it in a heated garage along with one or two of his other toys. He has driven my 2.0 HDi RCZ and said it was a nice drive. But in my mind the cars are in totally different classes. Would you be able to adjust to a Peugeot. They Look good but are simply outclassed by Porsche. On balance if I had A Cayman I would not be looking at a Peugeot of any model. But I love my RCZ and wouldn't want a Potsche. :text-welcomewave: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:

RCZ1

Reaction score
As Ron says, two very different cars, both very nice in their own right.

Ultimately only you can decide what to do. The thing to consider is that with a 3+ year old Porsche it's going to need more looking after. MOT or your equivalent in Singapore, parts are going to need replacing and the car will be outside of it's warranty. The RCZ on the other hand will be under warranty for 3 years and servicing every 2 years or 20 K miles so will save you some money in the long run.

Welcome :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi Chriz,

Just to clarify a point that RCZ1 made regarding warranty. In Singapore the warranty is subject to the standard global warranty agreement which is 2 years, in the UK there is a special deal done which gives new car owners an additional year to make 3 years of warranty, but unfortunately this is limited to the UK.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thought it was important for you to be made aware of the facts.

Regards,

Richard.

A

Anonymous

Two very nice sought after car's,but the insurance,fuel consumption and tax group general running costs guides me towards Peugeot all the time :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hey chriz,

Im from singapore too ! driving the 156thp version

Fuel economy is decent, I average around 9l/100km and I do not have a light foot !

This car attracts LOTS of stares, I get some maseratis, ferraris trying to race with me -_- like seriously ?!!

I would say go with your heart :)

A

Anonymous

Forget the both of them and get a Rickshaw.
Finding a good deal and buying parts should be easily available for you over there, fuel economy is far better and a brandnew one should be a bit cheaper than a new RCZ.
It may not draw the same attention as the RCZ though and the Maserati will be quicker if you still get challenged, but i'm guessing the rickshaw would be far easier to park.

And your heart, well that will benefit too, from dragging it round all day. :lol:

So now it's an even more difficult choice. Porsch, RCZ, or Rickshaw , decisions decisions eh :eusa-think:

Only kidding, welcome to the site, :wave: .
No good asking me for an opinion on the RCZ , i just seem to put my foot in it all the time when giving my opinion where they are concerned :oops:

A

Anonymous

Peugeot Accessories said:
Hi Chriz,

Just to clarify a point that RCZ1 made regarding warranty. In Singapore the warranty is subject to the standard global warranty agreement which is 2 years, in the UK there is a special deal done which gives new car owners an additional year to make 3 years of warranty, but unfortunately this is limited to the UK.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thought it was important for you to be made aware of the facts.

Regards,

Richard.

Hi Richard, we get the 3yrs or 100,000km whichever comes first warranty here in Singapore. Its the standard deal for most our cars. Tks!

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
Hey chriz,

Im from singapore too ! driving the 156thp version

Fuel economy is decent, I average around 9l/100km and I do not have a light foot !

This car attracts LOTS of stares, I get some maseratis, ferraris trying to race with me -_- like seriously ?!!

I would say go with your heart :)

Hi bloodlegna! Nice to meet a fellow S'porean here!

What color is yr car? When did you collect it?

I'm more likely to go with my heart.... Everytime i look at the RCZ pictures, i'm totally wowed! Its so distinctive & special. I showed a picture to my female friends and one said it looks gay hahaha, another said that its a lady's car but i dont agree with both views....

A

Anonymous

THANKS EVERYONE for your inputs! At this point, i'm going with my heart. Pearl black with 19" wheels.

My 3+yr old Cayman feels tired compared to the newer gen Caymans with the pdk gearbox & 2.9 engines.

The RCZ wows me everytime i look at it. Will be going to the showroom again tomorrow for a 2nd look!

A

Anonymous

Why are you waiting if you can get one, go get it boy and enjoy every min of it, you can get a Porsche anytime. Regards allen