What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What should I pay for RCZ R .

Jakevxr1

Reaction score
Hi
I am thinking of buying a RCZ R but it seams that the prices have fallen a lot in the last 3 months and the ones that are advertised on auto trader are not selling is there any thing that is affecting the price. I have seen a white one with on a 14 plate 4800 miles JBL upgrade for £24000 8 k of new. And there is a grey one 63 plate for £23000 what should I be looking to pay?

stagger321

Reaction score
Jakevxr1 said:
Hi
I am thinking of buying a RCZ R but it seams that the prices have fallen a lot in the last 3 months and the ones that are advertised on auto trader are not selling is there any thing that is affecting the price. I have seen a white one with on a 14 plate 4800 miles JBL upgrade for £24000 8 k of new. And there is a grey one 63 plate for £23000 what should I be looking to pay?
My 14 plate 8k miles, with dealer fit DAB and front parking sensors (option I believe) was sub 23k in mid Sept.
So anything about 23k is about right for me.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
eBay classifieds there is one sub 23k with 3100 miles. Quite a few 23-24 K

Jakevxr1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I think prices might drop in January

Jakevxr1

Reaction score
Hi
I have just secured a RCZ R regersted May 2014 with JBL and Front parking sensor upgrade,private RCZ number plate with only 4800 miles for a bargain price of £19995. I Pick it up on Friday I cant wait :thumbup:

stagger321

Reaction score

stagger321

Reaction score
The advert looks okay, and it's from a pucka dealer, or that's how it looks.

It's just that it's 3 or 4 grand under what everyone else is asking. Think I'd be doing some serious checks before pickup.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If that's a straight car it's a brilliant deal, nice one :clap:

smarty

Reaction score
That's why the rcz price drop so much , the dealers are dropping new prices, shows to me that the car was over priced in the first place,

Ripped off by Peugeot , over priced bad after sales , bad service department,

stagger321

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
I think the new list price is around £32k.
More interesting is that another dealer in Uk has advertised on their site that there's only 5 R's manufactured every day!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
That's correct mate, and if you look at the howmanyleft site there are only 138 registered in the UK
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/

If this guy gets that for sub £20k, with the options on that car its about a £13k saving on list, on a low mileage, dealer sold, 6 month old 'R'. That's about 40% off :shock:
I thought my 6 month old 'R' @ sub £23k was a good deal until now. Having said that, with the issues I have had with my failed jacking point/underfloor split, as I said before, at the price advertised would make me want a bl@*&dy good look round the car before paying out the balance and picking up the keys.

stagger321

Reaction score
smarty said:
That's why the rcz price drop so much , the dealers are dropping new prices, shows to me that the car was over priced in the first place,

Ripped off by Peugeot , over priced bad after sales , bad service department,
What's why?
The fact they don't make many? It was a conscious decision by Peugeot to limit the yearly run of 'R'
Overpriced compared with what?
While I have issues with aftersales its still a hell of a car and is worth more than the depreciation seen in that ad.

It's almost like you are trying to talk down the price a bit more. Just saying.

renegade79

Reaction score
I feel for those that bought new or nearly new R's in seeing these prices but, don't be too disheartened - you still have a gorgeous car, that is really fast and I for one, still really want one!!!

stagger321

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
I feel for those that bought new or nearly new R's in seeing these prices but, don't be too disheartened - you still have a gorgeous car, that is really fast and I for one, still really want one!!!
I'm not disheartened mate.
All new cars depreciate heavily when they leave the forecourt.
That 20k price surprises me is all.

stagger321

Reaction score

Jakevxr1

Reaction score
I am buying it from BSM in Harlow they had it on auto trader for 24K I had booked a test drive 3 week ago but had to cancel. I then recived a call on Friday saying that they had to sell the car that weekend of the car would be sent to another BSM garage and they would get a fine for not selling it. And if I was still interested I could have it for £19995 the car is totally mint and straight. I suppose I was in the right place at the right time,boy am I glad I canceled that test drive.

Jakevxr1

Reaction score
Hi stagger

I am picking the car up on Friday what issue have you had with the jacking point?