What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What oil is best?

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what oil you guys use for your RCZ? What oil is best etc. :)

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi TheLoneGunman :greetings-wavingblue: ,,OR may I address you as Oswald aka Lee Harvey Oswald who was of course the ALLEGED lone gunman ??

As for engine oil, I simply use the Total ineo 5w30 oil as specified in the handbook, although I note that the Total - First Fill oil is now also recommended by Peugeot for continuing use. Personally as long as the right grade of oil is used which no longer just refers to the oils viscosity of course but includes the prescribed additives in the oil. What is also of importance is the frequency of change especially as turbo engines do heat the oil to a great degree and hence degrade it turning the oil black far quicker than a normally aspirated (non forced induction) engine. Remember OIL is the engines blood and its purity is paramount for your engines life ! :beer:

.the big blue (..and regardless of the stated health benefits steer clear of olive oil) :twisted:

A

Anonymous

the big blue said:
Hi TheLoneGunman :greetings-wavingblue: ,,OR may I address you as Oswald aka Lee Harvey Oswald who was of course the ALLEGED lone gunman ??

As for engine oil, I simply use the Total ineo 5w30 oil as specified in the handbook, although I note that the Total - First Fill oil is now also recommended by Peugeot for continuing use. Personally as long as the right grade of oil is used which no longer just refers to the oils viscosity of course but includes the prescribed additives in the oil. What is also of importance is the frequency of change especially as turbo engines do heat the oil to a great degree and hence degrade it turning the oil black far quicker than a normally aspirated (non forced induction) engine. Remember OIL is the engines blood and its purity is paramount for your engines life ! :beer:

.the big blue (..and regardless of the stated health benefits steer clear of olive oil) :twisted:

On which point may I suggest changing it every 10k not 20k ... much better to be safe than sorry .

Sanity

Reaction score
I'll be replacing mine every 10k. It's a turbo engine and the oil will get hotter then in regular engines. Just to be sure
On a side note, It was years ago that I washed and cleaned a car as regular as now :)

A

Anonymous

I would go with the recommended too. Better change oil and filter every 10k, and check now and then for the oil level (can be a pain to see the level in the stick, but with practice and patience, no big deal). I would suggest leaving the engine on for 30s after long journeys before switching it off. Doing that you allow the oil in the turbo to be a bit cooler and reducing the chance of the oil coking inside. Not a problem for a week driving but a big help in the long term.

Maldini40

Reaction score
Hi,

Just read this after buying some Castrol Edge Titanium FST as recommended by the guy at Euro Car Parts (he was very helpful).

He said to go for 0W-40, even though I said the 5W-30 was what is said in the manual. My question is should i use it or change it for the the Total? :eusa-think:

Cheers

Paul

A

Anonymous

Also guys/gals, what oil filter brand would you recommend for the tdi?
Regards

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I like it when people say they are looking at an RCZ Type R :crazy:

tianorth

Reaction score
The oil has to have spec of
B71 2312 (C1C2)...00W30
B71 2290................05W30
B71 2290 (C2)........05W30
And also for Peugeot-Citroen.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just bought 5L Total ineo first 0 30 from eBay £35 delivered a bargain me thinks! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So then Big Blue having identified the killer, you wouldn't be related to the police by any chance :eek: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
stuartiereid97 said:
Also guys/gals, what oil filter brand would you recommend for the tdi?
Regards
Will you go wash out your mouth with soap?
There is no such thing as an RCZ tdi...

What no water with that soap :oops: !!! Not much difference between HDI and TDI, well ones a Hybrid and the others purpose made.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
tianorth said:
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi, just bought 5L Total ineo first 0 30 from eBay £35 delivered a bargain me thinks! :thumbup:
Hope it's the peugeot-citroen spec oil.

Absolutely! Only the best for my baby. :beer: