What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What is your opinion on these?

Tomas_90

Reaction score

The water scrapers.... Are they really bad or just a little bad? Or are they okay to use?

I've got one and i do tend to use it almost after every wash. Try to make sure it's clean tho.

A

Anonymous

I use one too...but ONLY on the windows. I recently read on detailing world of others using them but they're a bit of a gamble in my opinion. Slightest bit of dirt and grit dragged by it could incur some nasty scratches.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't use one. Not on my paintwork. You are just asking for trouble, I think. A very good drying towel will be much much better.

renegade79

Reaction score
I'd only only use them on windows. I wouldn't put it on the bodywork myself!!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well technically i only use them on the windows too. And also the roof... :roll: Tho the roof is badly scratched as it is so no one would notice if there was another scrape or two there unless you look closely :cry:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Don't i know it :lol:

But it's so easy to just drag across once leaving a clean and dry roof :roll:

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:

The water scrapers.... Are they really bad or just a little bad? Or are they okay to use?

Okay to use?

They are GREAT. Best thing since sliced bread. :thumbup:

I use them each day, it' so easy to remove the water from the tiles in the shower I wouldn't know what to do without them. No water -> no watermarks.

What do you plan to use them for?

A

Anonymous

I only use a great big ultra soft microfibre drying towel! Learnt my lesson

A

Anonymous

Buy one of them and you will end up doing the house windows. :?
Walk away while you can. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Water blades scratch the hell out of paintwork (as discussed above). Best way to dry in order to minimise scratches/swirls is:

1) Use a gentle constant stream of water from the hose to get rid of as much standing water as possible, it should just leave isolated beads of water if you do it right

2) Use a couple of sprays of Meguiars Quik Detailer over the roof of your car once you have finished washing (breaks down surface tension of water beads)

3) Immediately pat dry with a clean drying towel. If you rub with the towel you risk light scratches unless you have cleaned it so it's absolutely spotless

Using this method, you can dry the entire car in about 5 minutes, mist & pat each panel, just drape the towel over and do a section at a time. No water spots, dry car ready for wax/sealant and minimal chance of swirls/scratches :thumbup:

Reaction score
Do not use one of these if you pick up a bit of grit you've had it my son took his ST down to the car washers much to my dismay they used one & when he came back they had put a lovely scratch down the bonnet :thumbdown: