What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What is this Plastic strip?

Helmski

Reaction score
Guys,

I had to take the front bumper off to replace a relay (Long story) anyway, when I took the bumper off this plastic strip was hanging loose inside there. Anyone know what this is for?

Attachments

• strip.jpg
    strip.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 10,906

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Looks like it could be some kind of sensor, Airbag?

Helmski

Reaction score
An impact sensor? I hope not. With it rattling about in there I'd be a bit worried it triggered the airbag. There is a part number sticker but impossible to make out. I would love to know where it originally was fitted. There are clips on both sides but not clear, at least not that I could see, where it originally fits to.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought looking at your photo could the strip have been stuck to that yellow tape that is running along the front of the bumper area?

Helmski

Reaction score
That's what I first thought but there are clips that would mean it would be secured to something. Surely it wasn't just stuck on there with tape.

Attachments

• Strip end 1.jpg
    Strip end 1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 10,887
  • Strip end 2.jpg
    Strip end 2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 10,887
A

Anonymous

Helmski said:
Guys,

I had to take the front bumper off to replace a relay (Long story) anyway, when I took the bumper off this plastic strip was hanging loose inside there. Anyone know what this is for?
Hi it’s a pedestrian crash sensor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helmski

Reaction score
Wozzer1 said:
Helmski said:
Guys,

Hi it’s a pedestrian crash sensor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahhh, yeah your right. Cheers Wozzer. Now to find out where it's original housing is. Unless you know....Do you?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Should it be stuck to the front of that cross member?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Helmski

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Should it be stuck to the front of that cross member?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

The clips to hold it in place don't fit anywhere I can see. I might just gorilla glue it on there though

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Is there anything on the inside of the bumper where the clips might fit?

Helmski

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Is there anything on the inside of the bumper where the clips might fit?

I have looked everywhere where it might clip on to. having the bastard bumper off makes it easy to check body side and bumper side. I'm going into Peugeot tomorrow so I'll ask them. No doubt they won't have a clue just like usual. They should have a dedicated forum checker for these things. You guys know more than them. Experience is everything.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Helmski,

I took my bumper off and never noticed this hanging down anywhere, neither did I see the yellow strip on the front, so I wonder whether it sits ther, or maybe if someone else has had your bumper off in the past and fitted it there instead of using the clips, since he never knew where to put it either. just a thought.

Helmski

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Helmski,

I took my bumper off and never noticed this hanging down anywhere, neither did I see the yellow strip on the front, so I wonder whether it sits ther, or maybe if someone else has had your bumper off in the past and fitted it there instead of using the clips, since he never knew where to put it either. just a thought.

You had the bumper off and no sign of this yellow plastic strip? Well then I'm stumped as I was hoping someone had there bumper off and could tell me their experience. It's connected to something so I'm gonna un-clip it and run another scan to see if anything shows up. I should have done that in the first instance tbh but I was concentrating on a totally different issue. This car is like an onion.

Thanks for the input Bruv.

yloops

Reaction score
Did anyone find an answer for this. In the same situation and dont have the foggiest where its meant to go or what its meant to be connected to.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Have you checked the pics in this earlier post, you might be able to pick out your cable and see where it goes?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Helmski

Reaction score
Didn't get to the bottom of it. I just zip tied it to the frame and left it connected. I just hope it's not an airbag sensor or something like that or I'm fucked if I crash.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Helmski said:
Didn't get to the bottom of it. I just zip tied it to the frame and left it connected. I just hope it's not an airbag sensor or something like that or I'm fucked if I crash.

Don't worry. Crash sensors for driver's and passenger airbags sits further down the crash structure. They have to be fixed to the energy absorbing front beams.

yloops

Reaction score
So I figured it out :beer: ! Scoured the service manual and stumbled on this. Hope this helps people in the future. My sensor has been damaged and so I need a replacement, and damn, they are expensive !

If anyone has one going cheap let me know!

Attachments

• Pedestrian Impact Sensor.JPG
    Pedestrian Impact Sensor.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 5,874