What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What is this pipe from the turbo?

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please tell me what this pipe is called as it is weeping oil.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20220616_173558.jpg
    thumbnail_20220616_173558.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 44
  • thumbnail_20220616_173607.jpg
    thumbnail_20220616_173607.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 44

AwesomeRob

Reaction score
If it's the oil return should it have any affect on the engine or turbo or just losing very small amounts of oil.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd try and get it fixed. You never know if it'll decided to not weep and properly leak one day, then all the oil will do a runner.
Can it leak on to the exhaust?

Pedro

Reaction score
There are "o" ring seals inside the couplings on these pipes & once they begin to weep oil then the seals are failing I changed one on a 207cc with the same scenario it began weeping then leaking bad enough to need a strip down & replacement pipe I would suggest using the aftermarket upgraded Flexi pipes if yours need doing as these have a longer life span

stig rotax

Reaction score
hi Pedro, I have the same problem now and just received the ordered replacement pipe. Your suggestion about a flexi-pipe sounds good, but could you give me a part number or supplier? Logically, the motor and turbo vibration needs the flexibility which the hard pipe doesn‘t offer. Why didn‘t the designers and engineers think about it before? I don‘t suppose there‘s a procedure somewhere? I shall write one after the job is done.
Cheers
Paul

Pedro

Reaction score
H Stig if your handy with tools its an easy strip down
The Oil feed flexi pipe is on ebay around 76 Euros the removal is a fairly lengthy job as the Cat & Turbo have to come off as one end of the pipe is bolted into the engine block there are apparently vids on Youtube to show what's needed to be done which may help you out so good Luck

stig rotax

Reaction score
well, the flexi pipe proved to be impossible to find although industrial suppliers should have that sort of thing. Unbelievable but the supplier of the pipe actually sent it without replacement oil bolts and copper washers. That‘s what you get for not going to Peugeot. :-(
I‘m trying to do the job without removing the turbo…tricky as the pipe has to be jiggled about until it slips into place. Having to remove half the front takes time and patience. I hope I get it done before the weather gets too cold. Sunday maintenance has its time limits when you have to cook and do the usual family things. The Haynes book doesn‘t really help which is disappointing when you think it used to be a bible. Next weekend is a birthday so next round is in 2 weeks time. Bye for now

Pedro

Reaction score
They are on ebay ? You can if needed reuse the original banjo bolts with a OEM copper washer ..

Attachments

• Capture oil feed.PNG
    Capture oil feed.PNG
    56.6 KB · Views: 10

stig rotax

Reaction score
I put it all back together and went for a test drive. Oil leaking out of the lower connection, judging by the smell. I found the new part sent by Autodoc suspect as I could move one end back and forth, just like I could the faulty original. However, thinking a new part must be ok, I soldiered on. Now 5 hours later, I shall have to start all over again.Wonderful.

Pedro

Reaction score
I may be wrong but suspect the washer never sealed correctly as they can get damaged when you refit the new pipe I had one on a 207 & it was same scenario the guy fitted it & looked perfect but he put the washer out of shape when he tightened it up as the faces of bolt & washer must be absolutely flush to to the engine openings or as you already know it will fail to stop peeing oil

stig rotax

Reaction score
You could be right. The top was easy as you can see it. The lower one was done by reaching in …bit of a stretch and yes, copper is very soft. Thats why they are used as a sealer. One point though, if the new ending slides back and forth, does it really matter? I have heard that the oil pressure will seal it as soon as its used. Oh, and the flexi pipes I cannot find, perhaps you have a link? Now I know how to get everything apart it might only take me half the time …plus breakages of course.
Now I have to buy a load of new copper washers, well two. I had a spare in case it went wrong …. something told me when I got them ….

Pedro

Reaction score
Those unions must not be able to move at all & the oil pressure will blow oil out of anything loose enough so its critical you make sure that everything is correct as for the bolts they must be are tight as a drum for the Flexi hoses if you google them then click on ads it takes you to the eBay page or other suppliers out there so they easy to find on the web