What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What Fuel Do You Use

A

Anonymous

Wasn't wishing to start a debate on the benefits of standard v super fuels.

For those of you with THP's what do you us in your Zed?

Since I picked her up I've been running Zebedee on Super Unleaded. She seems to like it and the fuel economy is quite impressive.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Shell V Power for me. I think it's great. Gives improved performance to the Z AND I get great mpg to boot :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I hold my hand up and say that I was initially very cynical about the benefits of premium fuel. Having taken the time to trial and test these premium high octane fuels vs regular and supermarket fuels, I saw real improvements in fuel consumption and perceived performance (wasn't able to test the latter). V power nitro became my fuel of choice. I have Max to thank for his persistence and patience to persuade me.

A

Anonymous

I'm just trying esso premium unleaded at £1.38.9 a litre seems ok will see how it goes

J

A

Anonymous

Tank 1 - Esso Supreme 97 40.8 mpg
Tank 2- Esso Supreme 97 42.7 mpg
Tank 3 - BP Ultimate 97 44.7 mpg

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Thats answered my thought process lol.

Was your car brand new? If so, you will notice your MPG go up as the engine is run in.

Do you have a shell near you?

A

Anonymous

No we don't have any close by.

There are 3 or 4 BP stations.

RCZ1

Reaction score
CatherineF said:
Tank 1 - Esso Supreme 97 40.8 mpg
Tank 2- Esso Supreme 97 42.7 mpg
Tank 3 - BP Ultimate 97 44.7 mpg

It would also be useful to know your average speed and miles covered on a tank to draw real conclusions from this.

I've had 47mpg but that was mostly longer journeys at a higher average speed without stopping and starting.

I even had 52.2mpg on a 70 miles journey. Average speed 39mph. It was early ish in the mirning with light traffic. A constant speed helped of course.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

I can't tell you that info for tanks 1 and 2, but I can for tank 3.

Mind you trip 2 has been set to record the mileage for the whole month for expenses purposes. So that should be interesting to look at.

A

Anonymous

Impressed of us are using super unleaded than I thought would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Exclusively VPower Nitro+ or Primax (Engen in RSA\Petronas elsewhere I think)

A

Anonymous

CatherineF said:
Impressed of us are using super unleaded than I thought would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the THP, both 156 and 200, you just need to run 2 tanks of Premium back to back to realise (read experience) the benefit. It takes the cars ECU +- 200km to addapt to the higher octane but the benefit of the higher octane in these motors are staggering.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I've been running 95E for most of the time in mine but i've recently switched to 98E, and now since summer is coming i'm gonna try the Shell VPower Nitro+! :)

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue:

Having read your posts i'm gonna commit to solely using the higher octane as at present I generally just keep a blend of both swishing around in the fuel tank. Cost wise, going the whole hog is going to be minimal as I'm currently blending a 50/50 mix in the tank anyway.

.the big blue (..a good and persuasive post. :thumbup: In the old days the higher octane fuel which is recommended here would have been 5 star and normal unleaded a lesser 3 star at best. I guess its the difference between thick creamy Gold Top milk AND insipid watery fully skimmed milk. The government may try and convince us that skimmed is best whilst keeping the Guernsey gold top for their own cornflakes ,,,BUT NO MORE!) :beer:

hanswuk

Reaction score
I'm also now using Shell V Power Nitro+ whenever possible. I'm sure that I'm getting 2-3 mpg more (which partially offsets the extra cost) and the car also feels smoother and faster (hard to prove but I'm convinced!). Those factors together with the cleaning properties of the superior fuel make it worthwhile for me.

A

Anonymous

Here's some details as promised.

Month to Date

Avg Speed: 34 mph
Avg Consumption: 42.7 mpg
Mileage: 988

Tank to Date (BP Ultimate)

Avg Speed 37 mph
Avg Consumption 44.7 mpg
Mileage: 352

A

Anonymous

I was one of the ones who had a heated debate with max but he was right and super unleaded is best. Now I don't know about mpg as it don't concern me but the car does seem to like the good juice.