What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What Feature Would You Like To See As Standard

GT RCZ

Reaction score
The biggest most single feature missing from the spec is the tyre pressure monitoring system.
Before you all shout up I know that its available as an option but only as part of a pack that is expensive.
My good lady is in a 207cc with 40% tyres & so far has cost me two tyres & an alloy wheel £££££. :(
Detection of these low profiles is ni on impossible to detect that the pressures are low or that you have a puncture before its too late.
The solution was to retro fit a TPMS which has been great monitoring both PSI & tyre temp. :)
I could transfer the system over but do not want a separate goodie on the dash - the cost of these to peugeot would not be expensive but a real safety feature.

The cost of 19" wheels & tyres is not going to be cheap.

Interested to hear what you think?

Clive

A

Anonymous

A spare tyre,at least this gives you a chance to get the puncture repaired.How much for a new tyre after every puncture?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm not really bothered about a spare tyre. My last 4 cars have not had a spare so I'm used to using the foam stuff to allow me to complete my journey.

Trust me, I've had more punctures over the years then anyone else I know and EVERY one of them has been unrepairable (even before I've used the foam stuff).

What I would like to see as standard are leather seats. It seems a bit stupid that you cannot order just leather seats without having to order a GT which comes with leather seats but comes with other "toys" that I didn't really need. I've resigned myself to the cloth seats - but from pictures I've seen they do look good and comfortable.

A

Anonymous

At the price there asking Sat Nav should be standard , it's 2010
people just expect it nowdays , and seriously , 1 cup holder , small
at that . And yes a spare should be included .

A

Anonymous

I would have liked to have had a:

1) 6 CD Radio
2) Cup Holder that can fit the best Can in the World - Coke (the current Cup Holder doesn't let the can sit flush ??!!)
3) 12v socket in the Boot that is always on
4) Cruise Control in a useable position i.e. On the Steering Wheel
5) Bigger Glove Box

On the bonus side, used the Heated Seats for the first time yesterday.....Wow, Hot A*se or what when you've got it on 3 !!

Definitely wouldn't want a spare wheel....and not too fussed about build in Sat Nav.

Wish the Dealer would have enlighted / pushed me more on the smaller steering wheel / gear shift.
(Still my biggest regret on this car).

A

Anonymous

Cleaning and polishing elves (so small they can fit in the glove compartment)..............

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
Cleaning and polishing elves (so small they can fit in the glove compartment)..............
Hey Scarlet...maybe we could get those naked guys from the car wash miniaturised! I'd look after them VERY well ;) :D

A

Anonymous

You are reinforcing that age old lie that women tell insecure men...... that size doesn't matter!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
You are reinforcing that age old lie that women tell insecure men...... that size doesn't matter!!!!!!!
:lol: :eusa-whistle: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^^ Size doesn't matter in this case Scarlet, I'd just be happy looking at their peachy bottoms :Moony:

Gorwell said:

1) 6 CD Radio
2) Cup Holder that can fit the best Can in the World - Coke (the current Cup Holder doesn't let the can sit flush ??!!)
5) Bigger Glove Box

On the bonus side, used the Heated Seats for the first time yesterday.....Wow, Hot A*se or what when you've got it on 3 !!

Definitely wouldn't want a spare wheel....and not too fussed about build in Sat Nav.

Wish the Dealer would have enlighted / pushed me more on the smaller steering wheel / gear shift.
(Still my biggest regret on this car).

Gorwell, why would you want a 6 CD radio, when you can simply plug your ipod into the USB socket and have ALL your record collection with you in a tiny portable device :? :?:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:

1) 6 CD Radio
5) Bigger Glove Box

In case you don't know and you do not have an mp3 player, if you use a pc and rip the cd's to mp3's then they can be put onto a cd and each cd can take about 10 albums, so more than a 6 cd player.
:beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the advice.

I've tried my i-pod and there's no way that you can drive (safely) and switch tunes / albums on the move :eusa-think:

Haven't got an MP3 Player. Would the above difficutly in changing tunes / albums be addressed on an MP3 ??
Is it controllable from the Radio Unit for instance, or do you still have to fiddle with the MP3 Unit ??

If the above can be rectified, then I'm a convert :D :thumbup:

With a 6 CD system, you whack in your 6 wisely chosen CDs and if you get sick of a tune, you forward on to the next, etc.
If you're sick of the CD, press the button and CD Number X comes on from you.....perfection :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Gorwell

I'm a little confused by your reply. How do you feel its not safe to switch tunes / albums on the move from the ipod?
From your comments a little further down, you make it sound like you have to change tunes / albums directly from picking up and touching the ipod. This isn't the case. All tracks, playlists are fully controllable from the steering wheel controls.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Isn't that the case ??

When using my i-pod, the only way I could change tunes was by picking it up and using it.

I can't even change CD Tracks on the Steering Column, only the sound: Up/Down/Mute.
I press the button on the radio unit to skip forward / back.

I'll have to dig the manual out of the boot and have a look at how / what is operated from the Steering Wheel Controls.

Good news if the i-pod can be operated in this way - much safer !!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Gorwell

No you don't touch the ipod. When I got the car in October, I put it in the armrest box, plugged in the USB and I've not touched it since. Its all done from the steering wheel Not sure if you have the Sat Nav option or not - it works in different ways if you do.

I don't have Sat Nav so if you if you follow the link to this thread ipod-classic-t548.html
it should be able to sort you out.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1, :thumbup:

I don't have the SatNav, so I followed the Link you provided.

I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know. Will be great if it does work :beer:

I'm sure I've tried the List Refresh Button, although probably didn't hold it long enough :eusa-think:

Whoever designed (all) the Stalk Columns / Functions seems to have picked the most complicated and un-user-friendly methods possible - probably to show how clever they are :thumbdown:
Unfortunately, it tends to have the opposite effect, with people just not bothering to use the functions :cry:

They should go and have a look at the Volvo layout - simple, straightforward and a pleasure to frequently use.

A

Anonymous

Have now worked out how to skip forward / backward with a CD, yay.
Okay to skip forward, very fiddly to skip backward due to the angle.

I now realise the difference between an i-pod Jack and an i-pod USB Cable !!

Tried the i-pod, although I was using the Jack - so nothing happened.
Dug the manual out and it said that if you use the Jack you have to control the i-pod from the i-pod.

Will take out the USB Cable tomorrow and try that.

Whew, a lot of phaffing, although hopefully will get there in the end.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Okay Gorwell

Lets hope the USB cable works for you tomorrow - it should do. I'm really happy that you get full control of the ipod from the steering wheel. I love my ipod :D

VASS

Reaction score
DAB radio, as FM was supposed to be switched off in 2015 (just anounced this has been delayed) its a bit shortsighted to supply any car now without Digital radio.

A

Anonymous

A second cup-holder
More cubby-hole storage space (includes a bigger glove compartment)
A fitted fire-extinguisher
A rear wash/wipe (may be incompatible with the double-bubble)

DAB would have been nice but standard on very few cars (and I don't think it was even available as an option on the RCZ).