What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What else are you considering?

A

Anonymous

All the magazines are pitching the RCZ against the VW Scirocco and the Audi TT.

What else are you considering?

A

Anonymous

I was looking at the TT but to get the kind of spec as I have on my 156 GT, it would have cost nearly £35000 WOW :shock:

A

Anonymous

The audi tt is another to consider although its more expensive it seems a better buy long term as peugeots always have poor residuals so although you pay more now its worth it in the end, plus you get to drive a premium german brand not a peugeot

RCZ1

Reaction score
For the cost of a very base model TT you can get a top of the range RCZ. To get the same spec TT would cost you £10K more than the RCZ which to my mind does not make financial sense. The retained values for the RCZ are expected to be very good due to the limited number of cars produced and because of its desirability. I've owned german brand cars before and to be honest, they're not all their cracked up to be. I've also owned Peugeot cars before and NEVER had any problems with them. If I like the car then I will buy it regardless of the badge on the front.

A

Anonymous

so if kia had made the RCZ would u have bought one? Im just worried because my friend had a 407 coupe which he paid 26k for and he got £5,000 in a trade in a few months ago what if the RCZ goes the same way?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't think KIA would have been able to make something like the RCZ. I understand your concerns about future trade in - but I think the RCZ is a totally different kettle of fish. Peugeot have come on a bit in the last few years and the RCZ is expected to do great things for them. Retained values are expected to be 58-62%.

A

Anonymous

Geegee, there are a number of reasons the 407 coupe residuals are rubbish. The running costs on most models are insane (£440 pa on road tax for the V6's!!), so they are difficult to sell second hand, and it never sold well from new so dealers did some heavy discount to move them. When I first enquired about one I was offered £3000 discount without even asking! Out of interest, did your friend have the 3.0 V6 petrol?

A

Anonymous

no his wasnt a 3.0 it was a 2.2 petrol I believe I dont think it was too terrible on fuel. It seemed a nice car as well quite well finished inside and had all the toys leather heated electric seats and all that, does anyone on here actually have an RCZ already?

A

Anonymous

gtomo said:
I was looking at the TT but to get the kind of spec as I have on my 156 GT, it would have cost nearly £35000 WOW :shock:

I'm sorry but there is no way you can compare a 156 GT to a TT and say the same spec is £35,000, surely the engine alone is worth much more than all of the toys you've added on?

RCZ1 said:
For the cost of a very base model TT you can get a top of the range RCZ. To get the same spec TT would cost you £10K more than the RCZ which to my mind does not make financial sense. The retained values for the RCZ are expected to be very good due to the limited number of cars produced and because of its desirability. I've owned german brand cars before and to be honest, they're not all their cracked up to be. I've also owned Peugeot cars before and NEVER had any problems with them. If I like the car then I will buy it regardless of the badge on the front.

There is no such thing as a same spec TT, the TT's engine is far far superior and if the RCZ did an engine as good then it would easily cost around £30k considering the GT 200 (which is slower than the diesel TT) is nearly £26k!

Don't get me wrong I love the RCZ, I think it's the best thing Peugeot have released since the 205 GTI but the only reason I'm not getting a TT is because I can't afford one, I'm not ever going to kid myself into thinking my RCZ is even in the same league. And when I can upgrade to a TT in a couple of years I'm not going to pretend it's better than a Porsche Cayman etc, etc...

Let's stop being petty and please stop thinking we've got something we've not, it's an absolutely amazing car and is easily the best in it's class, however we have to be taking the piss if we seriously think an Audi TT is in the same class!

A

Anonymous

Wow, :shock:

What a way to introduce yourself, your first ever post starts with " I'm sorry" . . . . .

A

Anonymous

gtomo said:
Wow, :shock:

What a way to introduce yourself, your first ever post starts with " I'm sorry" . . . . .

Ha ha ha, it needed it with that speech! Apologies again, I've never used a forum thing before so am a little unsure of the etiquette, probably won't be putting much on here to be honest, I only really joined to have a read but then I just had to have a little rant! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well, you are a dab hand with the Quote thingy and the smiley wotsit's.

A

Anonymous

gtomo said:
Well, you are a dab hand with the Quote thingy and the smiley wotsit's.

I've got a degree in Computer Science so it didn't really take too long to work this out! ;)

A

Anonymous

80sjoe said:
gtomo said:

I'm sorry but there is no way you can compare a 156 GT to a TT and say the same spec is £35,000, surely the engine alone is worth much more than all of the toys you've added on?

RCZ1 said:

There is no such thing as a same spec TT, the TT's engine is far far superior and if the RCZ did an engine as good then it would easily cost around £30k considering the GT 200 (which is slower than the diesel TT) is nearly £26k!

Don't get me wrong I love the RCZ, I think it's the best thing Peugeot have released since the 205 GTI but the only reason I'm not getting a TT is because I can't afford one, I'm not ever going to kid myself into thinking my RCZ is even in the same league. And when I can upgrade to a TT in a couple of years I'm not going to pretend it's better than a Porsche Cayman etc, etc...

Let's stop being petty and please stop thinking we've got something we've not, it's an absolutely amazing car and is easily the best in it's class, however we have to be taking the piss if we seriously think an Audi TT is in the same class!

Thats the dilema im having at the minute wether to buy an RCZ or 2 year old TT, I like the RCZ but I just feel the TT is a different level of car they all feel really fast, its just that I would prefer a new car to a used one, also I hear theres a cabriolet RCZ coming out soon

RCZ1

Reaction score
There is NOT going to be a cabriolet RCZ - not at all, ever :!:

80sjoe said:
gtomo said:

RCZ1 said:

Wow another "new" member who has got their knickers in a twist over the RCZ. If they are not comparable why do all the motor magazines keep on comparing it to a TT and a Scirocco. Now the Scirocco. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to buy one of those - they just look like a standard hatch. But its all down to personal opinion and I would much rather have a RCZ than a Scirocco and I can't believe I'm saying this but a TT too.

A

Anonymous

On the point of the engine... the 200THP is just as good as the engine in the TT. The reason it's not as quick is down to the gear ratios - the RCZ is built for fuel economy (like all Peugeots), the TT is not.

Can you compare a TT and RCZ? Sure... just do your research :p

A

Anonymous

P90James said:
On the point of the engine... the 200THP is just as good as the engine in the TT. The reason it's not as quick is down to the gear ratios - the RCZ is built for fuel economy (like all Peugeots), the TT is not.

Can you compare a TT and RCZ? Sure... just do your research :p

Well speaking from research... The TT actually has better fuel economy than the 200THP and even the 156 (just) and also lower emissions than them both, although it does fall into the same tax band.

I'm sounding very pro TT here because I am, I love the TT and always have but I've had a lot of cars and never a brand new one and always had loads go wrong so this time I'm buying new and only looking around the 22,000 mark so think the RCZ is the way ahead. Hopefully in a couple of years I'll be able to afford the TT!

A

Anonymous

LOL points to you mate, I didn't realise Audi had updated the 2.0 TFSI engine.