What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What do you do to keep your car cool in the summer?

A

Anonymous

I've seen all the little suction-cup vinyl/plastic window shades,like Adoric,Enovoe,etc.Do Car Sun Shades Work?I am noticing around here now that the weather is hot and sunny that fewer and fewer people use sun shades in their car's dashboards anymore. Why is this? Do they not work, or are people using something else?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I just leave the windows down an inch or so.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
My car is parked in the garage or a covered car park 99% of the time, then aircon is on while Im driving.

Not much help I know lol

jr4070

Reaction score
I believe that the vast expance of faux leather on the dashboard and UV = trouble. I use a folding silver windscreen blind, it stops the UV and keeps the temp down a little . Peugeot base ball hat over the gear knob and it's all good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Never heard of any dash coverings whether pvc or leather being affected by the sun maybe owners from warmer climates may be able to comment? :thumbup:

BobbyB

Reaction score
I bought a car umbrella from Amazon at SaiEl International based in Japan. But I am sure you can find a similar one online nearby your location. Please see my attached photo. RCZ Umbrella.png

Pedro

Reaction score
I saw one for sale with the leather dash split right open like a peach & it was being sold in that condition!! I use a tinfoil cover if parking in the sun works great as it covers the whole dash & over the steering wheel🙂