What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What car phone mount do you use?

A

Anonymous

Out of interest, what phone mounts do you use in your RCZ? Looking for the perfect mount...
I've gone for the Brodit angle mount (Item No. 654583) found here as it allows me to run 2 cables to the glove box (iphone charging USB cable and headphone to RCA lead) so I can use my ipod easily handsfree. I've had a 12v power socket added in the glove box to allow charging of the iphone. Also have a USB blackberry music adapter in the glove box which enables bluetooth music streaming to iphone (automatically connects to phone when ignition switched on). But have opted for the RCA headphone lead instead now I was getting choppy sound for some unknown reason at random times.
Next time I take it into dealer for service, I will get them to neatly tuck away all the cables beneath the plastic sides (I will only end up breaking it if I try to remove myself!)

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
Perfect. Just what I was looking for!
That's what I thought too, and no drilling or sticky tape is required to install the holder. Just want to keep the trailing wires to a minimum though.

A

Anonymous

It just clips onto the side console. The URL link in previous post has images showing installation. Takes a minute or 2 to install.

A

Anonymous

Why do you need to fit a Phone Cradle ? I dont know if I am missing the point, but surely as long as you have your phone matched to the car by Bluetooth, you can keep the phone on your person.
Remember, you are in the car to convey you from A-B, and you are the Driver, not a Telephonist. Unless someone is a Brain Surgeon, 'On-Call', you dont need to be instantly available surely .

Just a thought ! !

A

Anonymous

Main reason for the cradle is so I can access the iPod music player rather than load all my songs onto the ng4 jukebox (it's just more convenient to manage one set of playlists on the phone). I can be in the car for 4 hours each day and can not control the music selection from the steering wheel when using the AUX socket. Also, I'm not interested in maintaing song collections on USBs or SD cards. Plus it's a quick means of charging the phone... It just slips in the cradle in 2 secs.
Maybe I'm the only one using a cradle?

A

Anonymous

Can't believe that you're admitting to listening to Radio 1 !!!!

A

Anonymous

I use the road angel app on the iPhone. I use the BT handsfree but like being able to see the callers face or logo! Also mail etc notifications.

It's a personal thing I guess. Same as I cant understand why people would put noisy exhaust, air filters, waste gate dumps or quads exhausts!

A

Anonymous

Great, now I've ordered a second accessory (the ProClip) for a car that hasn't even arrived yet. Aaaargh the wait, the wait...

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
Why do you need to fit a Phone Cradle ? I dont know if I am missing the point, but surely as long as you have your phone matched to the car by Bluetooth, you can keep the phone on your person.
Remember, you are in the car to convey you from A-B, and you are the Driver, not a Telephonist. Unless someone is a Brain Surgeon, 'On-Call', you dont need to be instantly available surely .

Just a thought ! !

That was what i was thinking too.
I just link my phone by bluetooth and load the songs onto the NG4 in seperate folders/files and then name the folder/file .
I can still use the Ng4 to call up any track or album that i want by using the controls on the steering colum or on the center consol.
Some people find their own way of doing things that works for them i guess. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I use the navigation feature of Google Maps on my smartphone, so a good mount is important for me. Much cheaper than a TomTom.

A

Anonymous

That looks neat. :thumbup:

I may be stupid but i guess it's a universal holder? How does it attach to your phone? And the cables, you have to buy them separately?

A

Anonymous

The Brodit phone mounts are specific to your model of phone. In my case I purchased an iphone mount. They have several different designs, with and without cables. Mine was without cables and I just used a black USB/iphone connector. However, the cable is connected to a 12v power cigarette lighter socket in the glove box, which was added by a mobile car electric shop. I have 2 cables going from the phone mount (headphone cable into the AUX inputs in glovebox and the USB power cable). Of course, you could just have a cable going from the phone mount into the 12v socket on the central console, but I didn't want the cable trailing there.

A

Anonymous

along these lines, I managed to run a headphone cable from the area just below the ash try to the glove box.

I took the cable from the glove box via the fuse box and managed to get it into the centre console by just temporarily removing the trim below the glove box. There are three plastic holders which pop out and back in very easily.

I then removed the rubber cover just below the ashtray and unscrewed the trim which goes around the gear stick. This allowed me to get my hand and arm down inside the centre console. I then poked the cable through until I could grab hold of it and feed it back up through to the ash tray area. Once everything was screwed back together it means that the cable is fully hidden on its run from glove box to centre console.

hth

eyetiepie

A

Anonymous

I have had good experiences with the Kuda consoles and decided I wanted one for the RCZ. Unfortunately I was unable to find one and according to the website these are not available as yet. Considering the 308 dash and the RCZ dash are similar I took the gamble and bought a 308 console. This is what it looks like with the brodit holder for my iphone4.

The fit isnt perfect and the area marked doesnt quite sit flush.

Even though it isnt perfect I'm still please with the solution:)

Attachments

• kuda01.jpg
    kuda01.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 4,718
  • kuda02.jpg
    kuda02.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 4,717
A

Anonymous

i wasn't satisfied with the solutions so i did a little twist of my own.

First disassemble the center part. Then cut up after a case to the phone.

I selected a silicone case so that the holder would be smooth and quiet and the phone is sitting still.
Measured the case against hole and cut case after the markings.

bonded in place. only the mounting left.

Perfekt!
No cable all sound throw BT.
Maybe i will draw 12v inside the box and assemble there a USB (extended from the center console USB)

Attachments

• hphoto 1.JPG
    hphoto 1.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 4,661
  • hphoto 2.JPG
    hphoto 2.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 4,661
  • hphoto 4.JPG
    hphoto 4.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 4,660
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG