What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What are RCZ‘s most prone problems

GuzziGrowler

Reaction score
Hello All. I realise this topic has probably been covered ad nauseam, buried within the depths here somewhere. Never easy extracting archived threads.

So as a potential / probable purchaser this week I know the Prince engine has a bicycle‘esque timing chain, and that high pressure fuel pumps are prone to generating a bunch or mis-fire related error codes necessitating their replacement. The car we’re looking to purchase has just had timing chain done at 49k miles, and at some stage a replacement turbo fitted.

Are there any other notable areas of weakness mechanical, electrical or chassis related to be aware of?

Many thanks.

Dingers

Reaction score
Hey Guzzi, relatively new here myself but one thing in addition to your list is to check the chassis jacking points. They're notoriously weak & often damaged. Unfortunately mine has two of them with minor damage from the previous owner or a garage they used. Look for bent, crushed or folded over metal ....

Pedro

Reaction score
Dingers is spot on with bent/damaged Jacking points as for the rest of the car its Generic wear & tear with service Items as & when required except Oil changes a lot of the owners recognize the Oil level & viscosity needs to be maintained regular service times & preferably before the set mileages in the book this will preserve the Engines Lifespan & it will perform much better & to its max efficiency as for everything else the main ones to fail are fuel pump/ Engine sensors/ Timing Chain & Tensioner/Thermostat Tank /coolant level sensor there basically cosmetic fixes the coil packs are regarded as long life but if 1 or2 fail its recommended you change all 4 together the same with plug changes 4 together never individually also these Engines like a lots of clean Air so check the Filter if it need to be changed replace with a K&N long life panel filter & if your sensors do fail only fit a Bosch ones & don't use cheap fuel use Shell V Power 99 Ron is the good stuff
Happy Motoring & welcome to the Iconic RCZs Forum 👍

GuzziGrowler

Reaction score
Thanks Aussie Apple, that'sa vibe I've been picking up too. Ever taken the R to The Island? Only ever watched bikes around there, but it is one of the greatest tracks on earth.

apple3337

Reaction score
Thanks Aussie Apple, that'sa vibe I've been picking up too. Ever taken the R to The Island? Only ever watched bikes around there, but it is one of the greatest tracks on earth.
I've been there to see small races. It's not far from me. Beautiful part of Victoria and it is spectacular. One day maybe I'll drive it. It has claimed quite a few street cars over the years.

GuzziGrowler

Reaction score
I've been there to see small races. It's not far from me. Beautiful part of Victoria and it is spectacular. One day maybe I'll drive it. It has claimed quite a few street cars over the years.
Yeah, not surprised. Going light over Lukey Heights with a bit of the famous Island wind under her skirts could be a palpatating sphincter moment.

Brought a very tidy 50k mile 2011 Blue RCZ for the boss with timing chain and turbo just done. Happy. God they are gorgeous alright. A little 'crashy' on rough roads - i.e most Brit urban streets, but a nice feel at the wheel when the going a little smoother.