What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What?! Already...

A

Anonymous

Evening Guys,

I've had my car since Saturday and it's an actual joy to drive. I genuinely get excited about my drive to the station in the morning and home again. Honestly. (does this make me sad?!)

Anyway, I've had it, as I said, since Saturday but already it could do with a wash. I have a massive disadvantage of living on a nice estate. Big houses, young families, plush nice cars all around and....CATS. Fcking Cats. I wake every morning to paw prints not just on the boot of my beautiful new baby but all up the stunning bubble back window and down the front of the bonnet. There are three other PUGS in my family and neither 207 gets a pawing from these fell felines, just my RCZ GT. I have had a good thorough read through in the cleaning section and plan on getting kitted out this weekend with snow foam kit and all the trimmings. My baby is getting a ruddy good seeing to after Brands Hatch on Saturday. Phooarrr.

Does anyone have any decent cat solutions? I thought my car would be a magnet for stupid fools leaning over it with belt buckles all scratching the sides...not annoying, fat house cats lumbering and labouring all over the most fantastically crafted piece of metal since...ever.

A

Anonymous

Cats have good taste!!!!

Cheers
Tufty cat and Jaffa cat

PS My two will only sit on the RCZ and not the MX5! Although spare a thought for our next door neighbour who has a brand new soft top Saab - all the neighbourhood cats like have been having a poke at the cloth :-(

A

Anonymous

That isn't any old cat that is an iams cat :) maybe they are using the bubble as a slide when your sleeping lol

A

Anonymous

Joking apart :lol: , this can be very annoying.

Thankfully I don't have this problem where I currently live but I did at a previous house. I finally managed to stop the offending cat by one day having a bucket of cold water ready and managing to get most of it over the cat after running after it down the street!

The neighbours weren't impressed but the cat never did it again.

I know some of you cat lovers might be appalled by this story - but the cat was totally unharmed, he just needed a little persuasion! :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I have a similar problem. The cats around my street decide to use my gravel as a litter tray I can often hear the little s***s digging around in it and covering their crap over. Must be a solution?

A

Anonymous

i had same problem and resolved it with an electronic cat deterent purchased from ebay about £30.00, well worth it.
cats now sit on next doors car .simples.

A

Anonymous

Same for me a bucket of very soapy water thrown over them. When they clean themselves off they are sick as a dog due to the soap.

Works every time for me also good on a dog that p--s up my tree in the middle of my garden even when the owner was walking it. I did warn the owner three times that I would do it.

He now walks his dog on the other side of the road.

Job done.

A

Anonymous

Put a bowl of milk out for the cat laced with antifreeze :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
Put a bowl of milk out for the cat laced with antifreeze :lol:

I guess you've never had a pet that's been poisoned then Matt?? That really is a horrible thing to say :thumbdown:

I would leave out a hose and zap them with that everytime you catch it on your car - that's if you do actually catch it! i do have visions of them sliding down the roof though :lol:

but please no more speak of poisoning - whether it's by soap suds or antifreeze........

RCZ1

Reaction score
I agree Donna. There are plenty of animal lovers on this forum and quotes like this only serve to upset them.
Please think before posting.

Cats can be a problem but there are certainly more humane ways of stopping them.

A

Anonymous

Sorry i was only joking about the antifreeze, my girlfriend is a vet and we have two cats and parrot I'm a real animal lover :oops:

A

Anonymous

I suggest a good waxing..............then it'd be soooo slippy the cat couldnt stay on it = result! :dance:

A

Anonymous

wrong they love a slippery surface and their pad marks really stand out. theres no need to bee cruell an ultra sonic deterent will keep them away for sure.it will not affect your own cats indoors.

A

Anonymous

I hope Jactac comments on this one. I am sure he will find a way of stopping them

A

Anonymous

I have learned to just leave them, some years ago I had a new Lexus, saw a cat and ran at it, this startled it, it slid down the bonnet and left a very large scratch, I can only assume it had grit stuck in its paw, not ammused I assure you. Respray of bonnet and wings blown in, all at my cost.

FGRob

Reaction score
Well just seen this, I've recently had a very bad experience with a cat, not with my day to day car but my MR2, it was all locked away ready for it's MOT, spent the day prior doing the usual checks, put the car away ready for the next morning. Next morning came open the garage door to be greeted with a white car - covered front to back with foot prints. It turns out a cat had got in the garage while I was checking the car and had spent 24 hours going crazy in the garage - on my car, eventually it went into the roof space, not before it knocked off a load of stuff onto the bonnet, the net result a bill for just over a £1000 for the repair of the front bumper, bonnet and rear bumper. :evil: :evil:

So do I love animals yes (I love my car more), would I kill one - nearly, especially when I pulled the little bastard out of the roof, the interesting thing is the insurnace are going after the owner as I did return the cat to the owner. :twisted: :twisted:

So now I do a full scan before I put the car away or even open the door - it's just waiting to be repaired, but the biggest pisser for me was it was original un-marked car which it is no longer. I was thinking of stringing the owner up considering she has 5 other cats which use my garden as a litter tray, I'm seriously considering collecting all the cat shit and posting it back to her - through her letter box :beer:

Rob