What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What a Fantastic Car !

A

Anonymous

Hello!
I have just taken delivery of my Dolphin Blue 156 RCZ GT for my 50th birthday and I haven't stopped smiling yet ! I had my previous car (MGF) for 10 years and it was a bit like driving a go-kart, as much as I loved it. I've christened my new baby Dauphine, French for Dolphin, as she is a stylish French lady, attracting admiring glances wherever I go. I have been spotted, sitting on my drive in the car, late into the night, playing with the wing mirrors, dusting the clocks, and talking to the car. My partner has given up trying to reason with me, and has now accepted that he is third in line behind Jack Bauer (of 24) and the car, although the car has now sneaked into first place.
I spend so much time carefully parking in the staff car park, that I am late into the office every day - making sure I get the end space where most people can see it and less people can open doors onto it. My friends are now giving me a wide berth, as I come out with phrases like - my car is the same colour as your eyes (complimenting the car, not their eyes).
I hesitated a long time before making the decision to buy the car, but I don't regret it for an instant - well done Peugeot, for making something so special within my budget :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi and welcome to the forum. Your post made me laugh.

Enjoy driving and posing and your RCZ.

:D

A

Anonymous

Hi Jane and :text-welcomewave: to the forum and the elite band that is actual OWNERS! ;) Your post did make me chuckle and what a lovely birthday gift. Was it from your partner or to yourself? Either way, have a great time with Dauphine (love that, and incidentally, Wikipedia states it's also a princely term, likened to 'Princess of Wales'!) and watch out for those envious nasty people with uncaring car doors. I'm dreading parking in the hospital carpark once I get mine. Think I might have to park at the VERY far end :lol: :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

It sounds exactly like something that I would do - sitting in it in the middle of the night, etc etc.

I get to work much earlier then I need to just to make sure that I get a parking space right at the end of the row.

A

Anonymous

Welcome :greetings-wavingblue:

A great first post! Gave me a laugh. Glad to see your car takes preference over Jack Bauer - I assume it's because you can actually touch your car.

A

Anonymous

Well done Janelea...enjoy.

My thoughts when I first saw the RCZ was how did those nice Peugeot people make such a stunning car for the money and why aren't they selling it for at least £10K more? glad they didn't work that one out! :eusa-think:

She is a real head turner and I've just written a post about how, on the way to school, my two daughters play the game of counting the number of people who stare!!...amazing..

Our car park at work ( I work in a business centre) has an area where Porche and Audi R8 owners tend to park as no one can park alongside....guess what...yup I'm there....PLUS...thanks to K (RCZ1) my babe is so well polished, I've noticed that the regulars that park near to me are cleaning their cars a whole lot more tee hee :lol:

Greg

A

Anonymous

Bangor RCZ was saying about parking well away from the crowd which is always my first thought but would you believe.....on two separate occasions now, I've parked in an isolated spot in a fairly empty car park (Morrisons and Tesco) only to return to the vehicle whereby a person has parked so close to my passengers door (despite loads of other spaces available) I couldn't open it to get my daughter in :wtf: What is wrong with some people :?: On both occassions the owner of the vehicle returned but was completely oblivious on just how close they were. Dorky dorks or what :crazy:

Greg the Dork attractor

A

Anonymous

im also in my early fifties i love driving this little number thank you peugeot just gos to show your never to old to feel young again rcz gooooo

A

Anonymous

Hi janlea, just had a nice laugh reading your post. I can understand where your coming from. My husband thinks it's hilarious that the last thing I do at night before heading upstairs is look out the window at my car. Then when I get upstairs I have to take another peek before getting into bed.lol
My husband and my eldest son are real petrol heads and neither can believe how i have suddenly become so interested in my car, washing it etc ( my last car rarely had me washing it.) Alas, I have the same problem with parking, especially at supermarkets. I try to park as far away from the other cars as possible, but when I come out the shop I find other cars parked next to mine, and I'm checking my car for dings.

Oh well maybe it's empty nest syndrome, kids all grown up so this is my substitute to look after...lol

RCZ1

Reaction score
This thread is really not helping me much folks :(

All these happy stories are making me crave my RCZ even more. The last week has been a nightmare - knowing its sat at the dealers - I see it every morning when I go to work - yet I still haven't got it. The last week has been worse than all of the last 8 months put together :thumbdown:

G81

Reaction score
:lol:

welcome janelea

and RCZ1, not long to wait now! :beer:

t110jim

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the parking went to Bath on tuesday parked at the park and ride only when getting on the bus to go into the city noticed £70 fine for not been parked properly within bays decided fine would be better than dent but on return no fine phew

A

Anonymous

My opinions are divided on the bay parking matter. I don't like to see people taking up 2 bays, but then again, bays are NOT wide enough for modern cars. The RCZ is wide enough, but I don't know how 4 x 4 drivers get on!

I just wish someone with a flash car and money would sue a council or NCP or someone after getting a dent. Surely there is a duty of care on the landowner and they can't just blame it on the motorist that causes the damage, because often it's unavoidable - especially if you have kids. And don't even get me started on people that park 'illegally' in parent & child places :brickwall:

A

Anonymous

Brooktop said:
... And don't even get me started on people that park 'illegally' in parent & child places :brickwall:
That, and especially people parking in the 'invalid' spaces REALLY makes my blood boil. When I see perfectly able-bodied people leaping out of their cars I feel like GIVING them a disability! :evil:

A

Anonymous

Hi janelea,
lovely motor, mine is parked on the drive with a cctv camera pointing on it. thats so i can sit at pc on an evening and also watch the rcz on my monitor.
went to tesco today and parked up in their car park, must have walked halve a mile to the store entrance, parked on a end bay with the chevrons and halve way over them. only way to avoid the idiots. oh saw a chap walking around my car last night he was just admiring it for quite a while.

A

Anonymous

Hi janelea

very nice car same as i have on order Dolphin Blue 156 RCZ GT / sports pack /vision pack the blue changes in diffrent lights looks like your in love with it already happy driving