What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Well impressed with Peugeot

Reaction score
I thought I would share this with you all.

Last week I took my Z into Evans Halshaw with a problem noise coming from the engine they investigated it for me only to be told that the Air doser valve was gone, now I had took this in when the car still had warranty on it & said there was this noise that kept happening when you turned the engine off they said all was fine. The cost would be £350 to do plus I had paid £65.00 for the diagnostics, I than proceed to say that I had brought the car in with this noise previously & bingo there it was on the job sheet from the time before. I have been in contact with the main Peugeot head office explained to them what had happened, I get a call from the main guy today to say they will waver the £65.00 & take 60% of the £350 & apologised for any convenience, he had spoken to Evans Halshaw & they agreed to carry the work out for me as I have a service plan with them & they know how the car is looked after, Car is booked in Friday for repair.
I am very pleased with the result & the way Peugeot head office & Evans Halshaw have resolved the problem just goes to show there are some good dealerships out there Evans Halshaw Stourbridge being one of them :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
If this is under warranty, why would you have to pay anything? :?:
I'm confused by this too

Sent from my Xperia Z1

A

Anonymous

Had the dealer done his job properly the first time that you took the car in, I would haveagreed with you about the "good dealership" bit. However they didn't and didn't sort out the issue for you without being told to do so, so it's a big :thumbdown: to the dealership from me and a big :thumbup: for Peugeot UK :clap:

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't be happy with 60% off but can see why you would be after being told initially it was going to cost £400+

hanswuk

Reaction score
mason5465sharon09 said:
frankvdb said:
If this is under warranty, why would you have to pay anything? :?:

Warrenty run out 12 months ago but the noise was reported while under the last few months of warrenty :thumbup:

I think Peugeot are very reasonable in cases like this. I had a problem on my 407 Coupe when it was well out of warranty but I argued that the part should not have failed even after four years and they offered a 50/50 cost share. They cannot have unlimited liability for anything that goes wrong. I can remember when car warranties were only 12 months......

A

Anonymous

Did they not run diagnostics on it last time?
I would have persisted saying about the noise after they found nothing, they then tend to get someone come out with you etc or look at the car more closely.

frankvdb

Reaction score
On my previous 307 HDi I had a clutch problem that was a known defect.
It occurred more than 2 years out of warranty.
I had complained about clutch noise well within warranty and when pointing that out the complete clutch was replaced at no cost, which was a complete day of work.
I only had to pay for the replacement car that the dealer provided.