What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Weird temp guage

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a rcz 200, the other day i noticed the temp guage level was rising and lowerung randomly, i drove about 30 miles earlier today and the temp guae needle was near the bottom. I got my radiator changed recently so not sure if there is an air lock?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a bleed screw somewhere near the thermostat housing there has been a post regarding it just try searching the forum I’m sure it will come up :thumbup:

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
There is a bleed screw somewhere near the thermostat housing there has been a post regarding it just try searching the forum I’m sure it will come up :thumbup:

Hi, i just checked and found that the part mentioned in the temp sensor fault thread has been installed in place of the bleed screw, my car hasn't overheated but the temp goes up and down below 90c, i did open the coolant cap a few times before after my radiator was replaced so maybe i let air in? How would i bleed since that screw is not there anymore?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There were early reports of faulty temp sensors which was a cheap and easy fix even some replacement sensors were faulty but why the part you’ve had fitted has replaced the bleed screw with something else I don’t understand? :eusa-think:

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
There were early reports of faulty temp sensors which was a cheap and easy fix even some replacement sensors were faulty but why the part you’ve had fitted has replaced the bleed screw with something else I don’t understand? :eusa-think:

Yeah, according to the thread mentioned, peugeot released a TSB and looks like they made a new temp sensor and this was installed in the bleed screw of the thermostat disconneting the old sensor. So the whole COH wouldn't need to be changed, my car has warranty anyway so ill see what the garage says. Cheeers

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Peugeot were just changing the sensors for the same type that’s the first I’ve heard of them using the bleed screw to install a new sensor? :eusa-think: so to your original question if the new sensor screws into the bleed screw housing then could it be possible to disconnect the sensor and unscrew it slightly to release any air lock?

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Some more details: when turning the heating on the temp drops on the guage, the air is warm but not as hot as it should be on high heat. Any suggestions?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly the actual thermostat so the whole housing would need changing :(

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Possibly the actual thermostat so the whole housing would need changing :(

Yeah gonna just change it, do you have access to the service box thing if it has a guide to change the thermostat housing? I done it once on my 207 which was a pain.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think there are YouTube videos available :thumbup: