What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Weird red/brown goo

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I have noticed some red goo on my driveway recently, so Ive had a look under the car, and it seems to be coming from the area circled in the picture. Any idea what it is? It doesnt smell of anything and its about the same consistency as treacle.

Attachments

• 2015-06-05 12.14.27.jpg
    2015-06-05 12.14.27.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2,501
A

Anonymous

Nice quads...

is it not just condensation, weeping through a hole in the exhaust?

tianorth

Reaction score
The only fluids I can think are red would be power steering, possibly brake/clutch, brown fluids would be engine or gearbox oil.
Maybe be a combination of 2.
Might be coming from engine bay and using exhaust to travel backwards.
If you can get it on a 4 post lift and have a look underneath.

frankvdb

Reaction score
As it's a diesel it could also be Eolys (the additive to clean the DPF).
I had a brown stain under my previous car (307) which has had an issue with the DPF when the dealer forgot to top up the additive.

t110jim

Reaction score
Looks like the canister with the additive for cleaning out the dpf had one burst on 207 get a few years ago made mess of driveway redy brown liquid

t110jim

Reaction score
How olds the car have you go an extended warranty if so they may cover it as they did on our 207 it's a bag inside the canister think the price was about £50

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ah. I have been told by Peugeot on the MOT that I had a 'slight' leak from the additive tank.
It doesnt look slight to me lol

Car isnt under warrenty anymore. It ran out at the beginning of May.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It's definitely worth a punt with them Abz, especially if they acknowledged there was a "slight" problem previously. If that was before the warranty ran out, even better, - proof of a fault within the warranty period.

Even if not, it's so close to being in warranty they might at least offer to contribute if not actually cover the costs. :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
i reckon you have good grounds to claim this under warranty in my opinion. worth a shot at least.