What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wax on wax off

A

Anonymous

right gang next saturday giving the pug a good spruce up ready for the meet on sunday :D here is my concern :crazy: after i have polished the car ime going to wax it . it recomends 2 coats for a real top finish but says leave for 24hrs before applying 2nd coat :eusa-whistle: this wont be possible as i will be at coventry so the following saturday will be the first chance i get .. so once ive washed it and dried it can i then put a 2nd coat of wax on !!! or do i have to repolish it or use a pre wax treatment and then wax it ???? :eusa-think: want to be able to get the 2 layers on ready for the winter thanks for any advice :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score
When you come to put your second coat of wax on, after you've washed and dried the car, you can simply put the wax straight on :thumbup: Don't polish again as you will remove the first layer of wax you put on.

A

Anonymous

2 layers of wax is not necessary if your using a good wax,waxing after waxing will leave you with the holographic effect :( especially if your cars colour is darker than white ;) as for polishing it dont. every 3 months use something like agsrp thats enough.its not how often you wax a car its how you do it.application and most importantly removal of any wax or polish matters most,good microfibre clothes are worth there weight in gold MACGUIRERS 3 FOR £16 or cheaper are really good for removal,this site restricts me from showing some of my cars with great results because i cant upload photos.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi jassy
Interested to know why you think applying 2 layers of waxes gives hologramms?

When using a wax I always apply 2 layers, primarily to make sure of even coverage. If you leave the second coat for the recommended time before being applied, then you shouldn't have any issues.

A

Anonymous

thanks gang using r 222 100 percent which is a good quality !! it says that a second coat 24hrs later and you will realy notice the depth of shine and protection :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

hope you can make it next sunday rcz1 i reckon you could set a small stand up and make a fortune on tips and products !!!! be great to see you there

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Hi jassy
Interested to know why you think applying 2 layers of waxes gives hologramms?

When using a wax I always apply 2 layers, primarily to make sure of even coverage. If you leave the second coat for the recommended time before being applied, then you shouldn't have any issues.

hello your royal highness :) if you dont take off the 1st coat correctly then the 2nd coat wont cure you will just get layer upon layer of product which has not been removed correctly,hence removal of all products is paramount to avoid the holograms. side panels/doors/roof panels are infamous for showing this,i have even noticed this on the roof on my rcz in direct sunlight so i am going to remove it by using a 50% ipa 50% water solution the next dry day that i get up here in scotland,right now due to lack of funds or miss spent finances on led bulbs,i am going to treat myself to auto glym high definition wax of which i have always used till now,i am using g3 wax which doesnt bead for as long as aghdw and being a natural wax gives a better wet look than the g3 synthetic wax

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ok jassy. Yes I would agree with being very careful that you remove products properly. More and more people are now using IPA as a wipe down to remove oils left after polishing as the oils can mask / fill swirls, when they think they are actually removed.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Ok jassy. Yes I would agree with being very careful that you remove products properly. More and more people are now using IPA as a wipe down to remove oils left after polishing as the oils can mask / fill swirls, when they think they are actually removed.

:wtf: what is ipa :helpme: