What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wax on wax off

A

Anonymous

just thought i would share with you how i spent last night :eek: :crazy: using my full range of autoglym products :-D still comes up ok for a 10 plate hope you like :beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi Mel, loving your work it looks great! What autoglym products did you use?

A

Anonymous

hi matt
thx for the comments bit of a simple sort me so i just use ag shampoo then on the body &rims ag ultra deep shine tyres ag instant tyre shine / glass ag glass polish and on any plastics & rubber ag vinyl & rubber care not all on a detailers shopping list but i find i make these products work for me to a good standard and enjoy doing it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have to say, Auto Glym takes some beating. I have used it on all my cars, but was looking for something different for the RCZ, however looking at your pics it will have to be something special. Auto Glym is a tried and tested product. Nice one Mel, very nice. :clap:

Did you wax after the AG deep shine ?

I use the AG deep shine on my black Astra, totaly amazing shine, without any "cutting", it is recommended for darker colour cars as it does not show up the swirls.
AG Super Resin Polish is also very good, it buffs off whith so much ease, again no cutting but awsome shine, put a wax on top and job done !

I will be honest i dont wax my Astra, :eusa-shhh:
I know i should after polishing, so with the RCZ it is definatley going to happen.

RCZ1 has given some great tips on which wax to use.

What i like about AG products is that they are always available off the shelf, and they do exactly as they say on the tin.

A

Anonymous

the AG deep shine is a stand alone product after much research if you look at AG website and detailers world and i also spoke with rcz1 it contains wax and is an all in one product and lasts well. A wax straight on top would be of no benefit but could be used around 4 weeks later i can forward a thread from rcz car care on this topic if you want more info :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

* Edit post
* Report this post

autoglym opinions

Postby mel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 pm
i tend to use alot of autoglym products and think they work well ive got a charcoal gt and use autoglym ultra deep shine as an all in one product it works well on the charcoal would value any feedback on this from rcz1 and other detailers on this issue should wax be used after using deep shine

Autoglym - Ultra Deep Shine (standalone?) - Detailing World
6 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 29 Apr
Im def using UDS next time i wash my car as i got a black car, but i also have ... On a weathered surface Ultra Deep Shine will outperform any ... but i was wondering if 'Ultra Deep Shine' is a standalone product? ... but autoglym themselves say that you only need to use 'Ultra Deep Shine' by itself ...
http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/sho ... p?t=166659

very much an apprentice at the detailing side just like to keep a car looking as new as possible

mel

* Private message

A

Anonymous

just looked up UDS on the AG site, apparantly you shouldnt put anything on top of it ! it's properties can interfere with other wax's.

Glad i dont wax on it now.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well they could, but then why wouldn't they say you could use the AG HD wax on top?
I think these companies tend to be fairly honest with with what works with what.
It's a very oily product apparently, hence why waxes would have trouble adhering to it.