What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Water Temp

A

Anonymous

Hi guy yesterday found that my water temp gauge show warning light at 130 degree and showing stop the engine on my THP200 with only 5600km, took to the dealer for diagnosis found that my water temp sensor have short circuit (showing in the computer) but the car is no problem at all due only fault sensor reading ,due under warranty dealer have been order the new water temp sensor for replacement currently stock not available need to wait till this coming tuesday and send over the car for replace the sensor. Does you guy also meet this kind of fault sensor happen on reading?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Not seen this on RCZ personally, but had this problem on other vehicles. You should be fine once the sensors replaced.

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes had exactly the same problem 3 weeks ago. As you say the temp would shoot up to max and the RED engine stop sign would light up. It did actually go of again after a few seconds but repeated itself 3 times over a weekend.
Had it checked out and they came to the same conclusion as your dealer.Was replaced 3 days later. All good :thumbup:
PS my car is 200GT and is approx 18 months old.

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem. Temp shot up and stop light came on twice, but quickly went. This was when the engine was cold. I did not use the car for a week, and on starting it, had the temp and stop light problem return and remain on. Car is back at Peugeot awaiting a new part. This was described as a defective "coolant housing" by the service department. A friend had a similar problem with his rcz. Both are gt200 models. I have covered 7000 miles since the end of Feb this year without any problems. The car has been around the Ring, and was very enjoyable. Just glad the "overheating" problem did not occur when over there. This appears to be developing into a common problem. I got my rcz as an ex Peugeot car with 4000 miles on it. It is a daily driver, and puts a smile on my face every time I look at it.

A

Anonymous

So got the car back after three days in the workshop. The replaced part, described as a coolant housing, is a moulded plastic part of 8x4 inches. It has several moulded in pipe, and smack bang in the middle is the thermal switch. Bad news is that the whole part has to be changed, not just the switch. The mechanic showed me the part, and said it was a real pain to access and change. To date he has dealt with three defective units. They have all been returned to Peugeot HQ. I would advise anyone who has the slightest problem with the temperature guage reading max (with cold engine) to get it checked if still under warrenty. Remedial work is going to prove very expensive if out of warrenty.

A

Anonymous

Mine just went, same thing - 18 months old and 5500 km

A

Anonymous

My RCZ 200 bhp is 1 year old and done 21000 k,s
I had the sensor unit replaced at 6 mths and same thing is happening again -temp going from 90 to 130 for no reason and red stop engine light coming on
Spoke to,another RCZ owner who has had the same problem
Anyone know if it's ok to,drive
If I put the clutch in and coast for 100 mtrs it settles down to 90 again although today ( Saturday ) it happened x4 times - nearly had to miss my Golf !!!

A

Anonymous

As long as you know that coolant level is correct, I would have thought it was safe to assume a faulty sensor is the cause. That being the case, driving it shouldn't be an issue

A

Anonymous

I've just had a new coolant housing fitted due to this problem and was told not to drive the car until sorted. That was 5 days ago.

A

Anonymous

My RCZ has been left with the Peugeot garage o/night in case it needs more than the cooler housing/sensor replacing !

A

Anonymous

paul needham said:
My RCZ has been left with the Peugeot garage o/night in case it needs more than the cooler housing/sensor replacing !
It'll be sorted so try not to worry. She'll come back good as new, I've just been through it

A

Anonymous

Just to let every RCZ owner know I have just got my car back after 4 days in the Peugeot garage
My coolant problem was compounded due to the fact of being in Australia the garage had to wait for a reply from Kuala Lumpar H/office who,s first suggestion was to change the Oil sensor unit - didn't fix the temp problem
It was then suggested to change the sensor in the coolant housing which was also changed 6 months ago and now it's running as normal
Maybe just my bad luck
Thanks

A

Anonymous

Is this the same error? It happened to me as well. I replaced a part after 6 months and one year later I had the same problem again and they replaced a new part related to problem. I have to find the invoices they send to know what it was.

It was all covered by warranty, but I had to go 5 times to Peugeot... :S

I sent them this video which helped them to explain the car problem:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcebzVismqI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]