What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Water running into boot area (more common on RCZ-R)

tianorth

Reaction score
I have it seems successfully stopped water from pouring into the boot area when opening the boot lid.

I got a seal and stuck it to the underside of the boot lid.

I got the seal from woolies-trims.co.uk part R117. http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1761-ru ... usion.aspx
I got 2 metres and I have enough left over to do the left side again.

I stuck this in place with trim tape (not too successful at first), use emery tape to roughen up seal surface first, use scotch pad to lightly key underside paint of boot lid.
I didn't do it this way so had to improvise and use contact adhesive on the back of the trim after keying it first, the trim tape was still on the boot lid so I stuck the trim with contact adhesive back to the trim tape.
Ended up doing left side in 3 attempts as different areas held for a while.
Keying trim would have probably solved it first go!

On the left side I ran the trim to the bottom of the boot lid (this is where I would start), place the trim in place and cut a notch (v section) out to allow trim to go round curve of boot lid (I held trim temporarily in place with clothes pegs), then I trimmed the area under the spoiler (this area narrows), then trimmed the part after the spoiler.

The right side is easier as only a short piece up to the fuel flap, again used clothes pegs and contact adhesive (should have learnt).
Again trimmed the seal first around spoiler area and after spoiler before sticking it down.

The water from the spoiler area hits the seal and is channelled down the boot lid, left side and deposited on to the glass, the right side does the same but as it's shorter the water is directed to the corner just below the glass near the rear of the arch.

I tried to get the lip of the seal to the edge of the boot lid as much as I could, but the spoiler area I let it move away slightly to give more distance to allow the lip to direct the water better (more chance of catching the water).
I also shape the part after the spoiler so the seal didn't catch on the bodywork and pull the seal off.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:text-goodpost:

Brilliant Chris, you have just solved a design flaw in the Z. :clap:

I might have to sell the Goldfish I keep in the boot now :eusa-whistle: