What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Watch out for the Sludge Monster !

Pedro

Reaction score
Due to the present motoring restrictions ( unless you own a farm cottage in Durham) a lot of us have probably just done a few short trips unless your back at work so maybe its worth checking under the oil filler cap to see if there is any slime present mine had a bit of slick going on below the camshafts so I took it for a burn out nothing too severe just enough to get it red hot so the next morning I checked the Tailpipes for soot & sure enough they were black inside so off with the filler cap & hardly any sign of heavy "custard" just a very thin film of sludge sitting on top of the head so its going to need another burn out !
What a lot of car owners don't realise is the sludge contains many residues such as condensates from the engine going from red hot to stone cold & left standing for a long period & very likely acidic deposits from the oil build up which is a natural occurrence in petrol & diesel engines
Remember the old quote "Look after the Car & it will look after You " :)