What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Washed, polished and waxed!

A

Anonymous

Well after about 7 hours the other half and me have treated our cars to a pampering session. Washed with autoglym shampoo, polished with autoglym super resin polish, then autoglym ultra deep shine polish, finished with autoglym high def wax, here is the result! :clap: :dance: :dance: :thumbup:

Attachments

• wash and wax 008.JPG
    wash and wax 008.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,940
A

Anonymous

Absolutely stunning result.

In my opinion you need to go a long way to beat the Autoglym range. The Ultra Deep Shine polish is perfect for dark colours especially black.

As i keep saying you don't need to spend a fortune on something with fancy labeling to get a top draw result !

I havent tried the high def wax yet, i think it's the only Autoglym product that i havent tried, but looking at your results it's definatley on my shopping list now.

A

Anonymous

looking top draw :clap: i also use the autoglym range and was told by autoglym that after you use the ultra deep shine which i do .. it is a stand alone product and so you dont need to use high def wax :crazy: what are your thoughts !! does it need it ..

A

Anonymous

ultra deep shine is a polish but high def wax ( which is a wax!)puts protective coating over polish and protects even more so i would say yes!

A

Anonymous

mel said:
looking top draw :clap: i also use the autoglym range and was told by autoglym that after you use the ultra deep shine which i do .. it is a stand alone product and so you dont need to use high def wax :crazy: what are your thoughts !! does it need it ..

Mel i was under the same impression, in fact AutoGlym sent me a detailed fact sheet on their products after i queried the same thing as you have, but as Crystal rightly says and Autoglym confirmed the same, a coat of high def wax is they way to go, it's extra protection again, and afterall it is only a wax and thats what you really want as a final coat.

So i would use the regime that Crystal has done here :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I swear by autoglym stuff- I put a picture up of everything I own! The wax is great- you notice the difference when the water just beads off!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Your RCZ is looking great. The Autoglym products have done you proud. :thumbup:

As this is being discussed I would like to add my opinion. The UDS although stated as a polish on the bottle is actually more of a sealant. If you used 2 polishes together, one on top of the other, then the second will remove the first. Just the sheer process of polishing will do that. Below is a quote from the Autoglym representative on the Detailing Word forum regarding the use of UDS as a standalone product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyTGM
Ultra deep shine can't be followed by a wax as it's fillers won't bond properly, I might be wrong on that though, if going with the HD wax, use the SRP

Quote Autoglym: You are right that SRP and HDW work well together. Also that if you are using UDS that is the final step, don't apply EGP or HDWax after. The finish can be compromised due to the chemistry of the UDS. It is much happier if you leave it alone as a last step.

A

Anonymous

thanks on that rcz 1 you just saved me some money as i was about to rush out and buy some hd wax to go on top of the uds :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Car is looking great

Q. If I have ultra deep shine, super resin polish and high def wax, what order should I use them on a black car?
A. If you have Ultra Deep Shine, Super Resin Polish, High Definition Wax and a black car you should apply either just the Ultra Deep Shine alone or the Super Resin Polish followed by the High Definition Wax.

A

Anonymous

We was in touch with autoglym a few years back when i had my black 206cc, they said to use all 3 back then and we have ever since. We do the second polish to get rid of water marks which is essential on black! It takes out any we may have missed but i think if you get the right results, like someone on here said, stick to it, i am happy with the finish, miles better than the delaership one! Anyone kmnow wher i can buy replacement thick furry microfibre cloths? Mine are getting a bit old now! All that cleaning! :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
crystalangel said:
We was in touch with autoglym a few years back when i had my black 206cc, they said to use all 3 back then and we have ever since. We do the second polish to get rid of water marks which is essential on black! It takes out any we may have missed but i think if you get the right results, like someone on here said, stick to it, i am happy with the finish, miles better than the delaership one! Anyone kmnow wher i can buy replacement thick furry microfibre cloths? Mine are getting a bit old now! All that cleaning! :)

Have you tried using a QD or Quick Detailer? These are very good at getting rid of water marks, especially on black cars? I always use this when drying any car and before applying a polish as I want to have the least amount of water marks as I can before I start polishing.

A

Anonymous

after applying the autoglym U D S ime going to try using the R222 100 percent carnubawax looks like it gets a good write up and hopefully will add some more protection and lots more wet look shine :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Even though UDS is a final step finish, ie no need to wax, i'm still not convinced that the paint wouldnt benefit further from a "real wax" coat.

It certainly worked for Crystal and if any colour was going to show up an indifference then black was it.

But if it does go wrong you gotta get it all off and start again. :eek:

The joys of motoring eh. :lol:

A

Anonymous

ime no expert in this area but i dont know what problem it can cause after using uds if i use the r222 it has a very high carnuba wax content :? is it best to try a small area :eusa-think: i am hoping it will put a real wet look finish on the car !! any ideas what else can happen as crystalangel has done this and the ag hd wax has got carnuba wax content in it and she reports no problems :roll: ideas anyone

A

Anonymous

I think the reason why AG say not to put a wax on top of UDS is because a wax may not bond to UDS, at least thats what i think they mean.

At the end of the day your wax is mainly your protection, it's what you do before you put the wax on that will give you your shine ie, polishing, claying ect.

Personaly i use Super Resin Polish then a good quality wax, i have used Super Resin Polish and then UDS on top of that on my previous black car and the result was fantastic but i didnt put a further wax on top again. I will say that i found UDS harder to buff off than Super Resin Rolish, i guess thats because it contains some wax properties.

What colour is your car ? as you probably know darker colours are less forgiving if you dont get your polishing/waxing right, i've seen me spending a full day on my previous black Astra thinking i had a perfect finish then i would drive into a garage forecourt at night and their lights would show up all the bits that had left smudges or a slight swirls, that couldnt be seen in normal light. Black is a beast of colour to look after, however it's awsome if done right.

I have to say that white is so easy, and it just seems to stay cleaner for longer.

Like you i get a bit confused by these detailing sprays, do they go on after polishing but before waxing or after polishing and waxing or in between washing, polishing, waxing and so on and so on !!!!!!

I know one thing, i dont like the idea of these "waterless spray shine" thingies, you just spray your dirty cay then wipe off for a showroom shine, what a load of b******s.

RCZ1

Reaction score
mel said:
ime no expert in this area but i dont know what problem it can cause after using uds if i use the r222 it has a very high carnuba wax content :? is it best to try a small area :eusa-think: i am hoping it will put a real wet look finish on the car !! any ideas what else can happen as crystalangel has done this and the ag hd wax has got carnuba wax content in it and she reports no problems :roll: ideas anyone

Hi Mel

This is a quote from the Autoglym rep on Detailing World regarding the use of waxes over UDS.

"We would avoid it altogether, although there are many users who use HD Wax (or other such waxes) and UDS together with no problems at all. The only potential issue is the possibility of a slight haziness after 48 hours. This is due to the elevated oil content of UDS. As this is a possibility, we do not recommend it"

It means that UDS contains oils as do carnauba waxes. The two oils mixing together means that the wax can't adhere to the paintwork correctly because of the oils which are in the UDS. They are interacting with each other instead of the wax adding it's own protection, just sitting on the top. The UDS contains it's own protection which is why it's called a standalone product. It's not like a normal polish. It's specially formulated for dark or black cars in order to hide swirls, scratches, etc as they are more noticeable on the darker colours. If you do try the wax and you start to get the hazing after 48 hours you could buff it BUT remember if you've driven your car between that time you will have dust, contaminants, etc on the paintwork so you run the risk of scratching it. Probably better to wash the car and then rebuff the paintwork up.

A

Anonymous

thanks very much rcz1 :thumbup: i think i may opt for a safe option and after washing polish with super resin polish then a couple of layers of r222 its been early may since i uds the car so i think it should be ok to now polish with ag srp and then the r222 100 percent which i am keen to use as it does seem a good wax :D i have found when washing the car when first polished with ag uds it does seem oily to wipe off so may go on a new tact and go on the route above for winter to get good protection on once again thanks :clap: and in the next few weeks will post some pics on the results of the r222 :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Mel, yes the r222 does get good reviews. I think you will be okay now putting the wax on. The SRP will remove any that will be lingering, ready for your wax. I look forward to seeing some pics when you have done it. :thumbup: