What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

WANTED - 19in alloy wheel / tyre

dildv

Reaction score
Hi guys

looking for a spare wheel for my RCZ - needs to be a 19in - preferably Sortilege
Im in Bolton by the way.
Any information or offers are much appreciated as tried breaker / ebay etc without sucess.......

regards
Dave

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I have sent you a message. As I have a spare wheel and tyre for sale.....

Cheers M. :beer:

dildv

Reaction score
Re: WANTED - 19in alloy wheel / tyre - no longer in need

No longer looking as sorted with thanks

Many thanks all

Dave

dildv

Reaction score
Re: WANTED - 19in alloy wheel / tyre - an update

This is an update to my original post 12/9/18 asking if anyone had a 19in RCZ wheel for sale as a spare.

Well a member came to my aid - and we had a pleasant phone conversation, exchanged details agreed a price and then I made a bank transfer to seller. All is well and he arranges delivery to me by courier.

Unfortunately after being collected by courier a few days later by Yodel - the wheel was lost in transit and never arrived.
I contacted the courier but was told to contact the seller (with whom they had the contract) and get them to initiate a lost parcel claim.

Ive been patient throughout the last 6 weeks and have sought advice on my rights in this 'private sale'.
Ive contacted the seller asking for a full reimbursement which feel Im entitled to as the wheel has never been received but have had no response yet.

I just thought forum members should be aware of my problem and the risks when looking to purchase something.

Regards
Dave

RCZ1

Reaction score
WANTED - 19in alloy wheel / tyre - lost by sellers courier

Mick is a highly respected member on this group. The problem seems to me, to lay with the courier. I’m sure Mick is trying to get to the bottom of this with the courier company too. He wouldn’t want this to have happened either. Posting this on the open forum I feel is not good practice. This is something between you and Mick to resolve. The forum does not hold responsibility for any sales on the Group.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: WANTED - 19in alloy wheel / tyre - lost by sellers couri

I'm sure Mick is wanting to get this sorted as much as you are.

dildv

Reaction score

dildv

Reaction score

hi - Ive no reason to believe seller isnt trying but -

well without getting in arguments about responcibility -

in simple terms it is for seller to chase the courier for compensation / loss of the wheel. after 6 weeks he hasnt gotten anywhere with the courier. ive been patient and although am sympathetic to the problem, feel that im entitled to reimbursement and have requested such without response.

regards
Dave

dildv

Reaction score

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I would think there must be a good reason why Mick hasn’t responded as yet. Presumably trying to get to the bottom of the disappearance of the package, and to get a refund from the carrier.

Personally, I wouldn’t have posted my grievances on the open forum. P.m would be the correct way, coupled with Emails as you appear to have contacted him using this method previously.

Maybe a “ please contact me” on the thread in question if you couldn’t get a response using other methods.

RCZ1

Reaction score

dildv said:
Personally I think that posting on the open forum is very good practice as it shows other people whether the "respected member" takes his or her legal and moral obligations very seriously.

I’m sure he does and have no reason to believe otherwise. As I said before you buy and sell on here at your own risk.

dildv

Reaction score

Hi All

I do appreciate your comments about this problem and I know seller has gone as far he feels he is able to with the courier. However to be perfectly clear on this point - the loss in transit is a matter between the seller and the courier and my request for a refund should not be dependent on this outcome of his dealings with them.

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Firstly I have replied to this in " open forum " not for your benefit David but for the members of the forum that know me and have expressed their sincerity here and for that I thank you all.

As for posting this publicly here David, it shows your intention to put a black mark against my good name and reputation.

You have stated the facts with your tint upon it and I won't go into detail here as it is not, as others have pointed out, the correct platform to do so.

But to show my honesty and that I acted with good faith even though I didn't want to send via courier and this was your request even to the point of telling me who to use. I post this...

It clearly states - collected.

Now for the record I was going to sell this item on Ebay with collection only, when I answered to the question has anyone a spare wheel and though you were at Barnsley you didn't want to drive the extra bit to York to pickup the wheel. Anyway I am not going into this further on this forum, needles to say anyone who knows me probably knows where I work, and believe me I brought this matter straight to the correct authority, I was livid that this item had gone missing and thus reported it as a theft, along with making a claim against the postal company who you said to use, which incidentally don't even have a telephone number and all correspondence is via email.

As for not responding.... I am not chained to my computer and also work some interesting shifts.

And for the no response people - the message for a refund was sent only today !

For those who do know me and can vouch for my integrity, I say THANK YOU and for everyone else, I assure you all -

I am no charlatan .

I re-iterate it is in very bad taste David to post this on here, which in my opinion has been done for one sole purpose and that is to darken my name and embarrass me publicly. I suggest if you need to contact me, do so as you have done in the past and that is by email and politely await my response, please don't continue this on here.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry dildv your tarring the wrong man with the wrong brush there! :x I’ve known Mick now for quite a few years and can totally vouch for his honesty and integrity. I know how much this has upset Mick and how hard he has been trying to resolve this issue of which wasn’t his fault at all, I know he didn’t want to use a courier and you had the opportunity to collect it but you insisted he use the courier and as a gesture of good will Mick paid for the courier, give the guy time to try and sort it I know he’s doing all he can posting your grievances on here just won’t help matters and it’s not a nice way of introducing yourself to the forum.

Rob8781

Reaction score
I've had a very similar experience using parcel2go as a seller for an item sold through eBay. I paid via PayPal and was successful with a claim through PayPal. Not sure if this is of any help?

dildv

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide everyone with an update on this to say that everything has been sorted out amicably between us.
It was a mistake to raise the issue I was having via the forum and apologise to everyone for this.

It was nice to meet up and to have a look at each others cars - although it was cold today.

I hope this incident has not soured things with members - this forum is still a valuable source of information and advice from people who love (or obsess) about RCZ's.

Kind regards
Dave

Ps....I cant recommend Parcels2Go and definitely not Yodel so take care if using couriers

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice one Dave! :clap: glad you’ve got it sorted and met up with Mick, :beer: