What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wanted: 18" rims + tyres, 19" rims up for grabs.

Jeffers

Reaction score
Unlike most, apparently, I don't really like uber low profile wheels and tyres.
I have some OEM 19" gloss black rims with (various) tyres which were fitted to my HDi at purchase.
I think that 19" rims give an unnecessarily harsh ride for no real purpose other than cosmetics.
Most people don't drive in a manner that would give 19" rims any advantage over 18".
The tyres for the 19" rims have limited choice and are pricey.
If an exchange is possible (cash either way) that would be great once my rims have been refurbed.
Any comments? Have I overlooked anything?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Maybe a photo or two of your 19” :eusa-think:

2retro

Reaction score
My original 18" wheels available if you're interested. I'll send you a PM about them now. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There are loads of options of tyres for the 19” rims and some really good budget tyres cheaper than you think, on the 18” setup there’s not much difference in rolling circumference than the 19” just a higher profile :eusa-think:

Jeffers

Reaction score
OK! I'm going to try something here......My 19" OEM rims are shortly going to be offered for sale.

They are going to be refurbed so if you're looking for a pair in almost any specific colour you'll be in luck!
Tell me what colour you're looking for and I will have the refurb carried out in that colour!
What do you think??

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There’s a few on here that might choose pink :eusa-think: :eek:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Can I have them a sort of blue, purple, red, gold, orange, bronze, brown, coppery type colour ?
Thanks.

Jeffers

Reaction score
Much more of your cheek, young man, and I'll get my RCZ wrapped the same as yours! It is very nice and I've already made some wrapping enquiries. Really I'm perhaps looking for a clear iridescent or prismatic wrap. But a striking colour flip may also work.....got to sell the trike first though....

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep that’s one cool wrap that I’m sure the RCZ can pull off but it ain’t gonna be cheap :eusa-think: last year at the Euro meet there were a Z with a psychedelic wrap very similar to the Holographic wrap but I think as with most flip wraps their best in direct sunlight.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Re: Wanted: 18" rims + tyres, 19" rims up for grabs.

That's because this type of wrap reacts with the rainbow colours more so under strong light changes. In the daylight it looks like Neil says, more a Psychedelic sparkling silver.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jeffers

Reaction score
OK! I'm back again. It's been a busy few days getting wheels all done and interspersed by hospital visits.
So I've fitted the 18" rims I bought from Richard (2retro). They're now a subtle matte anthracite colour.
And thus I have a set of OEM 19" rims which I have had refurbed last week in gloss black. I'm not sure how to post a picture on this board, so these may been seen on my Facebook page (Jeffers Jefferson) as the page header. They have not been run or fitted so they are pristine and very shiny! They are fitted with Bridgestone Potenzas which while worn are still serviceable.
I'm looking for £80 each. I will look at offers but please don't insult me.....

Can someone tell me how to post pics here, please.

2retro

Reaction score
Nice. Looking forward to seeing them on the car when you are able to upload a pic (a constant niggle with this forum as most photos are invariably larger than the measly 256k allowed!). :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Re: Wanted: 18" rims + tyres, 19" rims up for grabs.

Yes jeffers,

That works no probs.
Nice looking Z you've got there.
If you get during it off more, then come to one of the meets and have a look what everyone else has done to their Z's.
If not your cup of tea, then just follow the forum for most of the news and stuff.
Happy driving !!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk