What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wannabe RCZ Owner

A

Anonymous

Hi, just shopping around looking for the best RCZ deal but I have time on my hands as lease has a few more months to go. I am from Glasgow and from what I can gather white in THE colour but they are hard to come by. My budget is pretty tight so may have to go for older petrol version but any direction would be appreciated. So how much leeway do I have with getting the some £'s off the forecourt prices if I have no car and the cash to pay for the right car?

A

Anonymous

I don't believe that there is a set percentage that you can expect to chalk off the figure that they are advertising. It's really all about negotiation. You are in a strong negotiating position but, according to a friend in the motor trade, dealers tend to offer more discount to those who are taking a car with a degree of finance as this is frequently where they make most money. However, I believe that you need to have a figure in mind that you are willing to pay and do not be swayed to pay more than that. There will always be another car and do not be afraid to walk away from the table. You'll be surprised how often you receive a phone call a day or two later with a better price. I do not know how much experience you have with these types of negotiations and I do not wish to sound condescending but I always go in ready to play hard ball. Always push for a full set of mats, 12 months road tax and a full tank of fuel. I would also say be tough with the salesman but build up a rapport. They are far more willing to work out a deal if you are a polite and courteous, allude to future business and you'll be surprised how much smoother negotiations go!

A

Anonymous

Brainteezers said:
Hi, just shopping around looking for the best RCZ deal but I have time on my hands as lease has a few more months to go. I am from Glasgow and from what I can gather white in THE colour but they are hard to come by. My budget is pretty tight so may have to go for older petrol version but any direction would be appreciated. So how much leeway do I have with getting the some £'s off the forecourt prices if I have no car and the cash to pay for the right car?

YOU can lease a 156bhp gt 12 plate any colour from £263/month/24 months with a deposit of 6 months up front from centralcarleasing.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for the advice. Sounds simple but spot on. The problem I usually have is working out how hard to push things along and trying to work out how hungry they are for sales that particular month. I have leased cars for the past five years but this time around I really think that the RCZ is a keeper and worth holding on to and from my estimates makes sense to purchase a 2nd hand car in the long run. So the search continues. Like I say I have time on my hands with four months to run on the present lease but I am willing to purchase if the right deal turns up tomorrow. I am using, Ebay, Autotraders, Arnold Clarks, Taggarts & Peugeot for my web searches. Are there others that would be helpful and why is it that all good looking cars are alaways at the other side of the country :)

A

Anonymous

Residuals arent that great on the rcz so 2nd hand is the best bet for ya and in 4 months time better make it september :thumbup: a 12 plate looks a good buy :thumbup: most demos are registered within a month of a new plate coming out so grab one with a few vat free extras on it go for xenons,200bhp,thats it really :eusa-think: colour choice :eusa-think: is up to you but the rcz looks good in all colours bar haria grey "sorry haria grey owners" :lol: the only downside is the rcz by that time be due for a wee facelift mate.

A

Anonymous

Looking good. Had a test drive at my local Peugeot garage and tried to do a deal but took a call during negotiations from a private dealer. Deposit now paid for a 61 plate White 1.6 Sport. Taking possession next Monday, all going to plan. Happy days

A

Anonymous

Brainteezers said:
Looking good. Had a test drive at my local Peugeot garage and tried to do a deal but took a call during negotiations from a private dealer. Deposit now paid for a 61 plate White 1.6 Sport. Taking possession next Monday, all going to plan. Happy days

Minted :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just took delivery of my White RCZ Sport THP 156 and drove it up from Stafford to Glasgow. What a machine and what a great evening for a drive. I cannot believe the power under the hood and how easy it was to handle. Sadly it was covered in dead insects and so I've already been out cleaning everything down. What a saddo and loving every moment :)

A

Anonymous

Brainteezers said:
Just took delivery of my White RCZ Sport THP 156 and drove it up from Stafford to Glasgow. What a machine and what a great evening for a drive. I cannot believe the power under the hood and how easy it was to handle. Sadly it was covered in dead insects and so I've already been out cleaning everything down. What a saddo and loving every moment :)

Well done :thumbup: believe me its better covered in roadkill bugs than the grit we get on the roads up here in the winter time as you will find oot best get front mudflaps to start with then get your windows retinted by extreme autotints in maryhill £80 makes the white rcz even more classier :cool: :cool: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Jassy, have you got contact details of that Autotint company in Maryhill, I might take up your advice & give them a bell. I should mention that I'm in Uddingston so give me a wave. I noticed another white in Bothwell main street as I got home last night so a few others have good taste.
Ta

A

Anonymous

Brainteezers said:
Jassy, have you got contact details of that Autotint company in Maryhill, I might take up your advice & give them a bell. I should mention that I'm in Uddingston so give me a wave. I noticed another white in Bothwell main street as I got home last night so a few others have good taste.
Ta

My sister in law is an Uddy resident too. Will have to keep an eye out for you when i'm next down!