What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

VOLVO C30 R DESIGN

A

Anonymous

Just seen a 12 plate Volvo C30 R Design Lux in white for sale at a local garage and it was a bit of a looker, only 8200 miles on the clock with a price tag of £11500 :eusa-think:

Seemed to have lots of toys, sat nav, bluetooth, full leather, parking aid, alloys ect.

I know nothing about these cars but it was definitely an eye catcher, very sporty look to it :clap:

A

Anonymous

I like them, but hate the brakes on them.

Best to try one and see what you think.

A

Anonymous

Personally I'd say that you'd be better considering or trying to source one of their replacements, the V40. They're great looking cars!! They don't get raved about for their handling but they certainly do get some pretty decent reviews in many other areas. Just a thought. Here's the review from Top Gear:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/volvo/v40/road-test/d2-driven

Here is one of the R design ones (although it is diesel in this instance and it is a private seller). I concede that it's a bit of a marmite colour but it looks better in the metal. This is right at the top of the range (alongside the AWD versions) but they don't seem bad value for money in my opinion. There are cheaper ones about though.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 1/usedcars

Here's another R, petrol and an ex demonstrator:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 1/usedcars

A

Anonymous

One of those V40's in that blue passed me on M1 today looked fab for a Volvo.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Average 83.1mpg - that's amazing. I must have got it wrong but I thought the R meant it was quick but judging by the figures I'm obviously wrong.

I too prefer the V40 to the C30. I've seen 2 or 3 in this blue colour too and quite like it. It certainly stands out.

hanswuk

Reaction score
How much was that particular version new? If it's up at £11,500 the previous owner probably got no more than £10,000 trade in.

A

Anonymous

Kerry, the T number actually corresponds to its power. The R is the trim, body kit, alloys etc I think. (Just kinda discovered this on reading the Top Gear article and by visiting the Volvo website.) The T5 is the 254BHP variant and they work down from that. The T2 is actually not that powerful it appears. It's only 120BHP. (The T3 is 150BHP, the T4 180 - http://www.volvocars.com/uk/mobile/all- ... g-co2.aspx)

No hanswuk it's up at £18,500. It was 21,295 new so it hasn't even lost the VAT on it yet. Volvos generally hold their residual values well.

I'm not trying to "promote" another marque so please don't be offended by my post anyone. I'm just trying to offer some alternative suggestions and possible avenues here.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Kerry, the T number actually corresponds to its power. The R is the trim, body kit, alloys etc I think. (Just kinda discovered this on reading the Top Gear article and by visiting the Volvo website.) The T5 is the 254BHP variant and they work down from that. The T2 is actually not that powerful it appears. It's only 120BHP. (The T3 is 150BHP, the T4 180 - http://www.volvocars.com/uk/mobile/all- ... g-co2.aspx)

No hanswuk it's up at £18,500. It was 21,295 new so it hasn't even lost the VAT on it yet. Volvos generally hold their residual values well.

I'm not trying to "promote" another marque so please don't be offended by my post anyone. I'm just trying to offer some alternative suggestions and possible avenues here.
Nice preemptive strike there boss ;)

A

Anonymous

So we can now add Volvo to the list being touted around the RCZ forum. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

A

Anonymous

Sorry shouldn't be posting. I no longer drive an RCZ as I picked up my Skoda today ;)

RCZash

Reaction score
Chuzzbutt said:
Sorry shouldn't be posting. I no longer drive an RCZ as I picked up my Skoda today ;)

:shock: :crazy: :x :(

A

Anonymous

So the V40 is the newer model to the C30 ?

I've looked online and a top end C30 with all the toys, on a 12 plate can be found for less than £12000 :eusa-think:
After having another look online it seems as though a nice, used mid range V40 is around the £20000 mark.

I know nothing about Volvos or how they depreciate ect, but I do like the look of the C30 R Design Sport, and the Lux :clap:
I think I prefer the look of the previous 3 door C30 to the newr V40, and just like the RCZ, I think the colour for this car is white. :clap:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
jactac said:
So the V40 is the newer model to the C30 ?

I've looked online and a top end C30 with all the toys, on a 12 plate can be found for less than £12000 :eusa-think:
After having another look online it seems as though a nice, used mid range V40 is around the £20000 mark.

I know nothing about Volvos or how they depreciate ect, but I do like the look of the C30 R Design Sport, and the Lux :clap:
I think I prefer the 3 door C30 to the V40, and just like the RCZ, I think the colour for this car is white. :clap:

Well no :) Technically the V40 has nothing to do with the C30, which is an entirely separate car. I suppose you could call the V40 a "smaller version of the V50" kind of.

A

Anonymous

Oh ok,
But doing online searches will only bring up a C30 up to 2013.
I was under the impression that the V40 took over from the C30 in 2013. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Yeah Jactac that's more or less the case. Production of the C30 ceased at the end of 2012. The V40 is more or less its replacement in that it's a mid sized hatchback as the C30 was. The only difference really is that the V40 isn't available in 3 doors.

I would say that the fact that the model has been discontinued will be exactly the reason why you are finding very treasonable examples.

hanswuk

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
I would say that the fact that the model has been discontinued will be exactly the reason why you are finding very treasonable examples.

What have they done to be treasonable??? :eek:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Yeah Jactac that's more or less the case. Production of the C30 ceased at the end of 2012. The V40 is more or less its replacement in that it's a mid sized hatchback as the C30 was. The only difference really is that the V40 isn't available in 3 doors.

It may serve as a replacement now, but it's not the same type of car. And also, the V40 existed way before the C30 did so they have always been separate in a way.

It's a bit like replacing the 208 with a 308 estate.

A

Anonymous

They also very small inside for a 3 door hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk