What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Video Display

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to keep the video playing with the car in motion?

A

Anonymous

Hi from reading all the posts on here, I dont think its possible as it isnt just a quick wire to cut to remove the speed sensor etc...

I'm sure someone will come along and confirm this, however there is also someone who posted that they were listening to a mix mode CD that had some video on it, but that still played on the screen as the car moved, I would be interested to find out that detail and identify what container the video file was in, such as MP4, DIVX, MKV etc...

A

Anonymous

millimole said:
gopratas said:
Does anyone know how to keep the video playing with the car in motion?

Why would you want to do that?

Why not? It would be nice to put a film for my kid when I take him to school...

A

Anonymous

You need to have a pulse generator installed that fools the system into thinking it is stationary. There are a number of companies that do such a thing. Price is around £200 plus fitting.

As this is a sponsored forum, I will add the caveat that it is illegal to have video in the drivers line of sight when the vehicle is moving. If you get caught expect to get busted. The police view it with the same grim view as using a mobile. It's £60 and 3 points automatically.

The Jags, Range Rovers etc have a neat solution with a display that shows video to the passengers and sat nav or other data to the drive at the same time. My RR does this quite nicely and I have order it for the Evoque.