What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Vibrating Quad Exhaust when cold

A

Anonymous

when my car is cold when turn on the engine the exhaust system vibrates to such an extent you can hear it really loudly inside the car.

The issue reduces the hotter the system gets then eventually goes

does anyone else have this problem with quad exhausts?

**EDIT**

Correction it does it even when warm at low revs.

A

Anonymous

Normally when things occur due to hot and cold it is an expansion/contracting issue....

A

Anonymous

yeah sorry i need to do a correction it was doing it today when warm when parking it in the garage with low revs and does it on start up even if its been hot (I stalled at the lights I know bad)

A

Anonymous

not had that problem maybee worth a visit to the dealer to check it.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice bee

I am definitely going to get it checked out on monday and see what needs to be done from there (its definitely under warranty considering I collected it on friday lol)

A

Anonymous

thought to update people on this

I took the car down to get it checked and they believe that the exhaust was not aligned correctly to such an extent the pipe is rubbing onto a part of the car which at low revs and when cold the engine shakes the most which is why I can hear it vibrate the most.

on thursday it is going in to assess what is needed (fix if no new parts from the feline pack is needed to fix it) and if needed parts will be ordered and fitted on friday to the car.

I am not having it done at the dealer I bought the peugeot from considering they had the car for so long with that system (since they took delivery of it peugeot did it for a batch unveiling the pack) and they have tested it etc and did not spot it so I am going to let another peugeot dealer fix it.

Trucker

Reaction score
I've also had a vibrating noise, mostly when starting from cold - not sure if its the exhaust. Sometimes it carries on for a short while when driving. Its often so loud that anyone in the car park turns round to see what the noise is!! Been to the dealers with it. They say it is normal in this car for it to have a loud vibration on start-up - nesw to me because it never used to do it. Obviously it never did it with them, although the ar was warm. If it continues I've been told to book it in with them overnight. I'm sure the car is generally noisier than it used to be. Registered end of May lasy year and I bought in October.

A

Anonymous

Mine is quite quiet even just on startup. Do you have a diesel?

A

Anonymous

no its a petrol and the issue has been fixed I couldn't find my old post about it but it was an exhaust issue not being fitted correctly.

I had to get a new exhaust system for free