What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ventilation fans sometimes work,

boatdriver

Reaction score
My ventilation fans work well when they decide they want to do what they are supposed too do. Then they stop, sometimes for a few days and then start again. The lights on the fan control, auto button and AS are all lit but nothing happens. Fuse ok and not in economy mode.

Would appreciate it if anyone could make anyone could suggest any this happens. Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
My ventilation fans work well when they decide they want to do what they are supposed too do. Then they stop, sometimes for a few days and then start again. The lights on the fan control, auto button and AS are all lit but nothing happens. Fuse ok and not in economy mode.

Would appreciate it if anyone could make anyone could suggest any this happens. Thanks
They work electronically so check Battery it may be the car is in "Load management mode" which is a variation of economy but you need to put more power in the battery this kicks in when the supply is too low to service all the Ancillary equipment hence some functions won't work until the charge has enough juice to keep everything running properly

boatdriver

Reaction score
Thank you Pedro. A new battery looks likely as this has happened we quite a few times and I do enough longish trips everyday so the battery should be getting the charge into it, but not enough to run the AD fan.

boatdriver

Reaction score
Fitted a new battery. The AC cooling fan blower came on for a short time then cut out. It came on again on starting the engine the next day and then cut out again. I can hear the AC system working but no fan blower. can't figure this one out, so any ideas as to why, I would be grateful for.

Thanks

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Intermittent fault with the fan resistor pack?
Possibly over heating which is why you get something, and then nothing.

Pedro

Reaction score
As stated by RCZLain the resister pack is apparently a common suspect my lads just sorted this fault on a 2015 208 when he found the resister was toast ..