What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Velcro straps ?

A

Anonymous

Hi, could anyone tell me if there is is any specific use for the velcro straps under the boot lid .
Cheers Dave

Hatman

Reaction score
You place a brolly there. When I had a test drive, mine had a Peugeot one there. I was gutted when purchased & it had gone.

A

Anonymous

For those 'Goodfella' wrist restraint moments. ... :lol:

A

Anonymous

No triangle and just tested my fantoosh new double canopy vented Nike umbrella. It's too big. :(

A

Anonymous

It's a french legal requirement to have a triangle and high vis jacket in the car in case of break down so I was always under the assumption that they were there for that purpose.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mike_V said:
Their intended use is as grab handles to close the boot.

I don't think that is correct Mike :)

The grab handles to close the boot are either side of those Velcro straps.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm Interesting. Not on mine there isn't, they're the only grab handles there, just had a look....

A

Anonymous

Mike_V said:
Hmmm Interesting. Not on mine there isn't, they're the only grab handles there, just had a look....

I agree with RCZ1 She has the new model and I have the original. Grap handles for closing the boot are two indentations that you place your hands into.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Mike_V said:

I agree with RCZ1 She has the new model and I have the original. Grap handles for closing the boot are two indentations that you place your hands into.

I stand corrected, the manual stated handles so I never noticed the reverse indentations, you learn something every day but that's what makes these forums great. However, I do have a flashing emergency/breakdown beacon which will fit in tree nicely although I hope that I will never need it.

A

Anonymous

Tried to put the wife in the Velcro straps but she was havin none of it :dance: