What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Vauxhall, Ford, Kia ?

A

Anonymous

Any thoughts on either of these:
Vauxhall Mokka
Ford Kuga
Kia Sportage

I've always fancied one of the above, (in white obviously) especially the Mokka, but not sure if it would be a good move :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I know nowt about any of them but prefer my initial look on Google at the Vauxhall.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I know nowt about any of them but prefer my initial look on Google at the Vauxhall.

I tend to agree Ron, going on looks anyway :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

We went to look at the Mokka several months back. It is, IMO, the best looking of the three. However, felt it was expensive terribly expensive and pretty basic until you jump up the range. The cabin is also insanely busy!!

The Kia's residuals are supposed to be pretty poor. My sis in law drives the previous mk of Kuga and likes it but that's as much as I can really say about it.

Not sure that any of that actually helps any...

A

Anonymous

I had the ford kuga previously. it was a nippy animal. boot was too small for the four of us, build quality was good, road noise was loud, but it kept its value well. but for the price you could by a bottom spec range rover evoque.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think the Kia Sportage looks similar to the Evoque and that would get my vote. Not actually been in any of them though.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Another maybe to consider is the new Nissan Quashqui (spelling?). It's been voted What Car Car of the Year 2014. It's being raved about.

A

Anonymous

A friend of our's has the old model Nissan and finds it expensive to run.
Obviously though an vehicle of this kind is going to cost more to run than a "normal" car.

I personally think the Mokka wins on looks, its also a bit smaller on the outside than the Kuga, I do like the look of the Kia and it's lower models come with far more than any of the other makes, it is though the biggest out of the 3, it is huge inside.

The one problem I do have is that I'm thinking what I would like rather than what WE should have. :roll:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Come on now... The 3008 is the one you want ;)

What's the matter with a normal saloon then? They have basically the same room as one of these crossovers anyway and it's cheaper and better in every way.

A

Anonymous

Vauxhall interiors don't do it for me I'm afraid. Quasqhai or kuga would be my personal preference. These are the two options for the wife's new motor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

This is what I mean about the Mokka's interior being somewhat cluttered and busy. I wasn't sure if I was in a car or preparing for a shuttle launch with the plethora of buttons!!

They're a common sight on the roads these days around here but I still think that they're the best looking of the three that you have mentioned. The Sportage is HUGE and, in my opinion, beginning to look a little dated already. Do you need something quite as big as that Jactac? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Now I rather like that interior, lots to play with and catch the eye :eusa-think:
No Rizz we dont really need anything big, thats why I'm liking the Mokka over the other 2, it's a bit smaller than the Kuga and a lot smaller than the Kia, which I do agree looks a bit dated alongside the Mokka and the Kuga, I think though the front end of the Kia is well nice.

I'm not at the buying or swapping point just yet, but everytime I see one of these on the road I cant help thinking,
"I'd like that in white", :eusa-think:
I've always fancied a something like this, but have never really gone into it with any seriousness, running costs are a bit of a concern, that's why I also come back down to earth with the thought of "do I really need one of those" . :crazy:

A

Anonymous

There are certainly a lot of toys! I haven't really studied the running costs. What are they looking like? What's the road tax looking like?

Perhaps I'm demonstrating considerable immaturity here but life's too short to worry about the need vs want. If you want it and can, even vaguely, justify it then go for it!!

Tomas_90

Reaction score
You know you want it :wave: Support a strugging brand! They've also been facelifted for 2014 so it's new-ish. I sat in one of them at a showroom a few years ago and it made a lot of sense, and i hate SUV's. I like the interior, it's a bit RCZ-ish. Don't know around there but here they are priced very similarly to the Mokka.

It'll be like a big brother to your RCZ!

A

Anonymous

Think the mokka looks really good in there bright blue but terrible in white or brown the only 3 colours I've seen it in.

A

Anonymous

I like the new 4008. I guess the Z made me a Peugeot fan. :roll: It's built on the same platform as the Mitsubishi ASX, and offers AWD with a 2.0l engine.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I'm gonna throw a few others in the mix. What about a VW Tiguan or an Audi Q3?

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Think the mokka looks really good in there bright blue but terrible in white or brown the only 3 colours I've seen it in.

yeah I like it the blue also. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

the Renault captur looks a nice motor :eusa-think:
not biased of course.