What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Vauxhall Atra GTC - what do you think?

A

Anonymous

Yet another rival in the coupe market and is in the price range.

prices start from £18,495.00 and can go up £28,000,00 (will be able to go up further when the XVR version is out)

yet to see one on the road but from what I can tell does look good but too be honest it is not really aiming for the RCZ its truly going for the Scirocco which I do confess I am unsure if I had to have the Astra or the Scirocco which I would choose. (I know I would rather have this than the Mini coupe though)

what do you all think to it?

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vaux ... index.html

(also I have too much free time so don't have a go about me looking at too many cars other than RCZ's lol)

A

Anonymous

The initial reviews have been very favourable. The only let downs so far have been the relativly lacklustre character of the engines which is a shame. The new VXRs Have always had a firey personality so it's a shame to see the griff pulling its punches for the 280bhp VXR.

I reckon it will be a hit in certain areas but will
Ultimately suffer stigma much like Peugeot has. Over all though it looks really tidy and what I've read its really good car to drive.

A

Anonymous

I have to say that I have owned and enjoyed several Astras the last two were the TwinTop version (metal folding roof). They were good value, economical cars and you get a hell of a lot for your money. :thumbup:
However they do depreciate at an experiential rate :thumbdown:
But mostly I could not return to the marque because I love my RCZ as opposed to enjoying my Vauxhalls and I personally feel the my RCZ is like a Rolls Royce and the Astra a mini by comparison. This car of mine is leaps ahead of anything that I have ever owned :beer:

A

Anonymous

How come all other cars just seem so .... well...... drab.... once you own an RCZ! :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

I used to adore our Focus RS, but I think it's rather like driving a bus now - you feel so upsright and exposed in it ..... still love the engine though - oh to have that in the Pug :D

Hatman

Reaction score
Know what you are saying Donna, to me most new cars all look the same or similar.

RCZ1

Reaction score
The pictures are not doing anything for me. To me it looks a lot like a Seat Leon. Might be better when I see one in the flesh :eusa-think: I wouldn't call it a coupe either. Trouble is all cars DO tend to look the same, with the exception of the RCZ. RCZs stand out a mile on the road. Such road presence. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The pictures are not doing anything for me. To me it looks a lot like a Seat Leon. Might be better when I see one in the flesh :eusa-think: I wouldn't call it a coupe either. Trouble is all cars DO tend to look the same, with the exception of the RCZ. RCZs stand out a mile on the road. Such road presence. :thumbup:

i saw one GTC in the flesh today in red and it is a very,very eyecatching car the best looking hot hatch on the market by a long CHALK and in VXR guise would be even better looking with 20" :cool: :cool: :cool: and 280 beautifull horses :cool: it looks like a winner and wont be that common on the road RIP FOCUS RS :lol: and i think ford need to go back to the drawing board with new focus st with only 245 bhp :eusa-think: :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

remember though there wont be a 3 door ST... thats reserved for the "new capri"

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
remember though there wont be a 3 door ST... thats reserved for the "new capri"

thank heavens for that the new ST kia........cough,cough sorry focus no 3 door :shock: i loved the old capri my dad had the last version a 280 brooklands i think it was called, and figo you wont remember this tv programme the professionals :cool: were bodie had a silver 3.0s capri and doyle had a RS 2000 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: and cowely the GAFFER had a Granada metallic red 2.8i ghiaX :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: :cool: :cool:

A

Anonymous

Actually I remember the professionals... only because my dad was a Vauxhall / Opel man and used to harp on that his Manta GTE was better than a capri..

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Actually I remember the professionals... only because my dad was a Vauxhall / Opel man and used to harp on that his Manta GTE was better than a capri..

yip he was right :thumbup: the opel mante gte was better :thumbup: but not faster ;)

A

Anonymous

The Astra is not sexy enough for me............. Me and Flash - we've got something special going on!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
The Astra is not sexy enough for me............. Me and Flash - we've got something special going on!!!!!!!!!
RCZ Syndrome :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:

i would say the new vxr astra is more of mans car and the rcz very female orientated anyhow i think most of ya have the "rcz syndrome" sounds a bit CHEESEY to me the that phrase :lol: i would say it was "rcz blinkered tunnel vision"as there are far better cars for the same money as a rcz costs i aint blinkered as i am car enthusiast not just a rcz enthusiast.i have seen one close up in the metal and its real solid looking like its sculpted out of 1 piece of metal and that wasnt even the top of the range gtc never mind the vxr which aint out yet,photos dont do cars justice just look at the Perrys white rcz sport above :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's all personal opinion isn't it and being told we are blinkered is rather insulting. Some of us are car enthusiasts and appreciate a good looking car. Just because some of us enjoy our RCZ ...... Some people just don't want to drive the same old, bland looking cars, that all look the same.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It's all personal opinion isn't it and being told we are blinkered is rather insulting. Some of us are car enthusiasts and appreciate a good looking car. Just because some of us enjoy our RCZ ...... Some people just don't want to drive the same old, bland looking cars, that all look the same.
Totally agree. I am not a car enthusiast by any stretch of the imagination. I have no loyalty to Peugeot as I have never previously owned one or even took any notice of them. I fell in love with the RCZ and still am and I repeat my thoughts that it is a class of it's own :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I was very close to buying the GTC before opting for the RCZ, the Paris motor show VXR edition was at my local Vauxhall dealer when I went in and it was absolutley stunning, however, would the normal GTC be as good? Answer, is it's ok but nowhere near as nice looking as the RCZ and I hated the drive of the new 4 door Astra which will be very similar. Personal choice again but I am happy with my RCZ.

Oh the 5 years interest free credit probably swayed me a little too...

A

Anonymous

okay RCZ1and Sir Ron here we go again ;) back slappers :lol: :lol: no one can make judgements on internet photos alone but your entitled to your opinions :thumbup: just as i am :) i never said the astra GTC was better looking than rcz but the vxr may well be ;) the vxr will drive far better as well and i forgot will be far superior to drive into the bargain and 280 bhp :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Scarlet said:

i would say the new vxr astra is more of NEDS car and the rcz very ADULT orientated anyhow

Corrected ;)

I think it depends on your definition of better. Faster to 60 yes, handling wise possibly. Grip though I think the main hot hatch rivals fall short. And in a lot of cars even the new Astra the best interior plactics are worse than the hidden plastic on the pug. Like I said its all relative on what your looking for.

For a torque steering, fire breathing hoot id take the Astra VXR.. For driving in comfort and having an engaging drive I'd probably take the RCZ. I was lucky enough to have a friends Astra for 8 weeks when he was working in Africa. Despite having 240bhp it was no faster on any road other than a straight one and compared to the RCZ, it fought you when u wanted to play. Too much power on a ropey base. Nice car sounded great with its N'berg exhaust and all but it was a pretty basic and unrefined car in all respects.

I do reckon the GTC will address many of these concerns tho!