What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Vandalism done to my tail lights and is there any way around to fix them?

tomflek

Reaction score
So what a surprise, my tail lights has been scratched and seems it has fractures too, but otherwise they work just fine but small fractures and scratches, so is there any substance or agent or anything that I could fix easily or hide those scratches and fractures or do I really need to go and get brand new ones with my insurance company?
Deductible fee is propably around 200€ perhaps but 2 new tail lights for my RCZ costs around over 700€ if I buy them from like Autodoc on my own, so I most likely would get brand new ones only for 200€ when I need to pay that deductible fee.

Best way would be if I could fix them cheaply somehow or hide them well so they can't be seen and that overall look doesn't change after that fix to those tail lights.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
So what a surprise, my tail lights has been scratched and seems it has fractures too, but otherwise they work just fine but small fractures and scratches, so is there any substance or agent or anything that I could fix easily or hide those scratches and fractures or do I really need to go and get brand new ones with my insurance company?
Deductible fee is propably around 200€ perhaps but 2 new tail lights for my RCZ costs around over 700€ if I buy them from like Autodoc on my own, so I most likely would get brand new ones only for 200€ when I need to pay that deductible fee.

Best way would be if I could fix them cheaply somehow or hide them well so they can't be seen and that overall look doesn't change after that fix to those tail lights.
Sorry to hear your dilemma you could vinyl wrap them with a tinted film, this is something some owners do anyway which gives the car a different look this may possibly hide the damage?

TheWest

Reaction score
You could try a good quality headlight restoration kit like this Sylvania one. The clear lacquer you apply as the final step can fill hairline fractures, making them virtually invisible. They work on all clear plastics, not just the headlights.

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine have scratches from other considerate brain dead arsewipes who have got to make contact when the car is parked anywhere in public

will_berry70

Reaction score
I have a hole and chips in mine. I wondered if the outer cover was different to the whole pod and could be replaced separately?