What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Valuations of the R.

Kerr

Reaction score
I bought my R last year and ran valuation guides at that time. The price I paid was very fair. Exit routes through places like WBAC were offering strong money too.

However, they have taken a massive dip in recent months according to valuation guides.

I've been keeping an eye on the classifieds and it did seem like prices were staying solid.

I did notice that dealers were selling cars fast, but private sales were taking a while. I guess it didn't help some of the private sellers were asking as much as £15k for 2013/14 cars. I guess people are either looking for finance and trading in, or they really want a warranty with their R?

Dealers are still asking £13k on Autotrader and they are selling quick. However they flag up as overpriced and the valuation guides don't come back with £13k anymore.

What's going on just now? Why the slump and all valuation guides showing these artificially low valuation all of a sudden?

Last edited by a moderator:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Generally the RCZ values have taken a bit of a hit lately, there have been loads of petrol and diesel cars coming up for sale at around 4K but after shopping round with a mate who wanted a diesel there is loads of rubbish out there so to get a good one you have to pay up.
As for the R the prices do seem to be steady at 12K - 15K there was a cheap high mileage one that recently was advertised at under 8K but that didn’t stand around long. The R is definitely the one that’s going to be the collectible and I just can’t see prices going any lower soon, due to the lack of R’s for sale they may even go up!

Kerr

Reaction score
Yeah, I seen that 94k car. It didn't look too good.

The grey one on Autotrader, for £12,950, has had sold on the advert days after going up. It doesn't look too good either.

The only R I have seen going cheap was a white private sale car a couple of months ago. It had 67k and they were originally asking strong money. Suddenly they dropped their price and it sold. The valuation drop seemed to happen at that time.

Dealers are selling cars fast which makes the valuation guides and Autotrader's own price guide wrong.

You can bet dealers will only be offering book money, but that's not what they are asking.

Kerr

Reaction score
The grey one is now off Autotrader. There is now only 1 car up for sale at £13k.

mitec

Reaction score
Hi Guys,just purchased the advertized 94k RCZ R and I must say its a cracking car for the money.The gold"R" wheels will get a bit of getting used to ,as well the 266 bhp.All that remains is selling my THP200 RCZ 2011 cheers:)

Kerr

Reaction score
Hi Guys,just purchased the advertized 94k RCZ R and I must say its a cracking car for the money.The gold"R" wheels will get a bit of getting used to ,as well the 266 bhp.All that remains is selling my THP200 RCZ 2011 cheers:)

The wheels didn't work for me.

It'll be interesting to hear how the car has worn those miles.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of car for your money there 👍

Kerr

Reaction score
That's the black car that was up for £13k has also gone. That currently leaves none for sale.

It was on Autotrader for a week. Usually dealers only remove the advert once the deal is sealed. It was probably sold days ago.

The guides need to be looking at the actual sales.

mitec

Reaction score
The wheels didn't work for me.

It'll be interesting to hear how the car has worn those miles.
The bodywork is excellent,the only issue is the drivers seat stitching by the airbag which needs re -sewing (3").Runs as it should,will need to get it on a ramp to fully check it out.Good thing I have a set of black 19"RCZ Wheels if the gold S wheels prove to be too much "bling" cheers

indoldn

Reaction score
I originally was looking to get an R and had been looking for awhile. The white R back in late August which looked mint with full service history, service receipts and warranty looked to be the best deal at £9.5k. To be honest still a bit gutted I missed out was was abroad. I had brief message exchange with the owner via autotrader. My guess is the hed had already signed up to buy something and wanting to sell it ASAP as originally it was listed for £12k then reduced to £10.5k I think before dropping it to £9.5k.

I ended settling for a Magnetic THP200 which I almost bought back in early August but then missed out and ended up buying it from the 2nd owner as he is moving abroad. Perhaps I may get an R one day but can't justify the extra expense at the moment.

Agree that some of the private ones were not shifting very quickly or at all.

The grey one had been on market for ages but probably didn't help it was used on ebay a few times by some dodgy people advertising it for £6.5k. I didn't contact the seller but the autotrader ad mentioned the Peugeot warranty had just run out and I always wondered why the owner didn't just extend it as it would have made it more desirable. Should have cost around £299 for a year if I am not mistaken. I think this car was that reduced to around £11.5k

There was also a red 2015 around 23k miles which was advertised for 11.5k I think. I was interested in that, however, looked to have part service history and the owner skipped a service on it.

To be honest had both cars were a bit closer to me I would have at least had a look. What I found interesting is both cars ended being sold to the same dealer who then managed to sell them pretty quickly.

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
I got a black 2014 RCZ R from a Peugeot main dealer back in november last year, 23k, full PSH, immaculate and two years Peugeot warranty assist on top. I'm well chuffed. The dealer said they had had a lot of enquiries in the few hours it had been on their website, people who wanted to buy it over the phone but they don't sell second hand cars without buyers seeing them before hand. So I was the lucky one who happened to be there at the dealer literally less than 24 hours after it had arrived. I was actually there looking to buy a totally different Peugeot and walking around their compound saw the black RCZ R. It looked stunning even though it hadn't been properly cleaned yet. It was love at first sight. So I put down a deposit first thing the next morning as the dealer allowed me to think over night as it was a sunday. When I went to collect it at the end of the week, it looked even more stunning as it had been fully valeted, cleaned and professionally polished. It was omg gorgeous. It's like a brand new car. It's definitely a future classic. Hopefully values won't drop too much before they bottom out. Hopefully good ones looked after with low mileages and full PSH won't drop too low in value. My only criticism is that Peugeot should have given it 4wd, or tried to, but even with 2wd, those huge tyres and the LSD the grip is still amazing. And it's quick. The steering is pin point sharp and beautifully balanced. The headlights are amazing. The car has so much style. A neighbour of mine has an Audi TT and he is now as green as an old fish. Audi TTs are just so common. No exclusivity with them. The RCZ and especially the R is such a rare and pretty car. Mine isn't a daily driver. It's garaged and will only be used in fine weather. Happy days. I also have a 205 1.9 GTI. I never really cared for the subsequent 206, 207 or 208 GTi models, but the RCZ R. Wow!

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
I got a black 2014 RCZ R from a Peugeot main dealer back in november last year, 23k, full PSH, immaculate and two years Peugeot warranty assist on top. I'm well chuffed. The dealer said they had had a lot of enquiries in the few hours it had been on their website, people who wanted to buy it over the phone but they don't sell second hand cars without buyers seeing them before hand. So I was the lucky one who happened to be there at the dealer literally less than 24 hours after it had arrived. I was actually there looking to buy a totally different Peugeot and walking around their compound saw the black RCZ R. It looked stunning even though it hadn't been properly cleaned yet. It was love at first sight. So I put down a deposit first thing the next morning as the dealer allowed me to think over night as it was a sunday. When I went to collect it at the end of the week, it looked even more stunning as it had been fully valeted, cleaned and professionally polished. It was omg gorgeous. It's like a brand new car. It's definitely a future classic. Hopefully values won't drop too much before they bottom out. Hopefully good ones looked after with low mileages and full PSH won't drop too low in value. My only criticism is that Peugeot should have given it 4wd, or tried to, but even with 2wd, those huge tyres and the LSD the grip is still amazing. And it's quick. The steering is pin point sharp and beautifully balanced. The headlights are amazing. The car has so much style. A neighbour of mine has an Audi TT and he is now as green as an old fish. Audi TTs are just so common. No exclusivity with them. The RCZ and especially the R is such a rare and pretty car. Mine isn't a daily driver. It's garaged and will only be used in fine weather. Happy days. I also have a 205 1.9 GTI. I never really cared for the subsequent 206, 207 or 208 GTi models, but the RCZ R. Wow!

Two years warrany is some deal. It does seem that dealer cars are selling very fast and for strong money. Why the private ones aren't doing too well is the worry for me.

Mine was also an impulse purchase. I just used Auto trader and searched for cars in the area we were visiting. The R had just been put up and I went for a look. Suddenly I had bought a car with very little research.

My car is one of the very last ones. It's a 65 plate. It still ended up needing new brake calipers, fuel pump and battery.

I guess it's the brakes that is one of the most concerning things for potential buyers.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
so talking about pricing of second hand cars look what our friends over in Europe have to pay, first car is 11 plate with 100K on the clock!C8C333C3-B522-4FD3-A798-CC5BC5EC77A1.pngC8C333C3-B522-4FD3-A798-CC5BC5EC77A1.pngFCB7BB19-F82E-4AFF-8CE7-14BFBD3AF2A2.png

indoldn

Reaction score

Did you get the one in Peterborough? Just curious.

indoldn

Reaction score
Two years warrany is some deal. It does seem that dealer cars are selling very fast and for strong money. Why the private ones aren't doing too well is the worry for me.

Mine was also an impulse purchase. I just used Auto trader and searched for cars in the area we were visiting. The R had just been put up and I went for a look. Suddenly I had bought a car with very little research.

My car is one of the very last ones. It's a 65 plate. It still ended up needing new brake calipers, fuel pump and battery.

I guess it's the brakes that is one of the most concerning things for potential buyers.

Front brakes replacement is certainly one of the factors which keep me from shying away from getting one. From what I can see the private ones which weren't doing well were to do with no Peugeot warranty and maintenance history. I don't know how much they went but I know of two private ones which were advertised around £14.5k, both had extended warranty and low mileage and went reasonably quickly.

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score

I wouldn't say mine was an impulse purchase. I had done some research and was on the look out for one. I briefly considered the diesel GT but the thought of a diesel in such a fine car, no. Nothing against diesels per se but in the RCZ. I nearly went to see a locally advertised RCZ Hdi GT with only 9k miles, one owner, but they wanted too much money for it on par with most Rs up for sale at the time. So I didn't and decided to find a good R. I was prepared to wait. I wasn't going to buy a shed because it was cheap.

If yours is one of the last it might have electric seats? Mine doesn't. Previously I've had them on other cars and frankly I prefer manual adjustment seats, plus electric seats may well be heavier.

Surprising that yours needed new callipers as it is usually the front discs themselves that need replacing which are mega expensive as you can only get them from Peugeot. I should imagine the callipers are also mega expensive as well. But they could possibly be rebuilt instead. So yes like you, the brakes were of concern to me as well, but only really the front discs which on mine are about 25% worn so it hasn't been driven really hard and hopefully I shall have many years of happy driving before they need replacing.

Not sure about rear brakes though. Are they the same as the other RCZ models?

I think potential buyers are reassured by a genuine Peugeot warranty. The Peugeot Assist warranty is available for their cars up to 10 years old, but you have to get the car serviced at Peugeot so you are reliant on them actually doing the work and also not ripping you off. Also the car has to be serviced every year as the plugs need changing annually which is a bone of contention at the moment as Peugeot base this on 12k miles each year. I don't even drive that in my mains car and don't anticipate anywhere near that in my R maybe 2-3k each year max. So paying for the spark plugs to be replaced each year is rip off imho. Ok the oil, I don't have a problem with this but spark plugs no.

If some one is selling privately without a full PSH or Peugeot warranty then it is always going to be harder than a car that does have these. But a Peugeot warranty isn't cheap at around £300/year for the RCZ R. Still if the turbo melts then it more than pays for itself.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
I wouldn't say mine was an impulse purchase. I had done some research and was on the look out for one. I briefly considered the diesel GT but the thought of a diesel in such a fine car, no. Nothing against diesels per se but in the RCZ. I nearly went to see a locally advertised RCZ Hdi GT with only 9k miles, one owner, but they wanted too much money for it on par with most Rs up for sale at the time. So I didn't and decided to find a good R. I was prepared to wait. I wasn't going to buy a shed because it was cheap.

If yours is one of the last it might have electric seats? Mine doesn't. Previously I've had them on other cars and frankly I prefer manual adjustment seats, plus electric seats may well be heavier.

Surprising that yours needed new callipers as it is usually the front discs themselves that need replacing which are mega expensive as you can only get them from Peugeot. I should imagine the callipers are also mega expensive as well. But they could possibly be rebuilt instead. So yes like you, the brakes were of concern to me as well, but only really the front discs which on mine are about 25% worn so it hasn't been driven really hard and hopefully I shall have many years of happy driving before they need replacing.

Not sure about rear brakes though. Are they the same as the other RCZ models?

I think potential buyers are reassured by a genuine Peugeot warranty. The Peugeot Assist warranty is available for their cars up to 10 years old, but you have to get the car serviced at Peugeot so you are reliant on them actually doing the work and also not ripping you off. Also the car has to be serviced every year as the plugs need changing annually which is a bone of contention at the moment as Peugeot base this on 12k miles each year. I don't even drive that in my mains car and don't anticipate anywhere near that in my R maybe 2-3k each year max. So paying for the spark plugs to be replaced each year is rip off imho. Ok the oil, I don't have a problem with this but spark plugs no.

If some one is selling privately without a full PSH or Peugeot warranty then it is always going to be harder than a car that does have these. But a Peugeot warranty isn't cheap at around £300/year for the RCZ R. Still if the turbo melts then it more than pays for itself.

Manual seats for me.

The calipers are a known problem. The pistons are made of mild steel and corrode.

There is some brake disc options. The Tarox ones look good, but they are still £850.

From my experience with the Peugeot dealer so far I can't say that I see any value with a full Peugeot service history. They were utterly clueless about everything and useless doing anything. The technicians admitted they hadn't worked on one before and this just became an excuse for being useless. It works just like any other car.

There is zero chance I would put my car back there for servicing. It's just a box ticking exercise to have a Peugeot stamp than seeking out a competent mechanic.

Kerr

Reaction score
There's usually a couple of Rs up for sale at any time. There's been none this week.

It'll hopefully firm up prices if supply is even more limited.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes supply is limited and will definitely push up prices maybe the R has bottomed out, it’s definitely going to be the one to collect as a future investment.

Kerr

Reaction score
Yes supply is limited and will definitely push up prices maybe the R has bottomed out, it’s definitely going to be the one to collect as a future investment.

Hopefully. It's strange how some cars just don't make it.

I love the Fiat Coupe turbo, but even still cheap nice cars pop up. That should have been a classic a long time ago.