What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Valance Removal

A

Anonymous

Hi all
After sourcing a quad exhaust and lining up a mechanic to fit it I thought I would have a dry run at removing the rear valance before placing an order. After Reading some previous threads I located and removed the 3 torx screws, 2 plastic push rivits and middle light assembly then proceeded to take off the valance from right to left. All was going fine right up to the point where the existing twin exhaust trims are fitted. I could not get this part of the valance to come away. Not wanting to exert too much force and risk snapping something I decided to put everything back and ask for some advice from forum members. I have a hdi if that makes a difference? and would welcome any help on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks all.

tianorth

Reaction score
The original exhaust trims are held on with tags to the bumper.
Just have to get in there and tweak the tags to loosen the exhaust trims.
I have the HDI as well.
I'll take some pics of my trims so you can see where the tags are.

A

Anonymous

Tianorth,
Thanks for the reply. I could see that the existing trims are attached to the valance but couldn't see any other fixings. I take it they come away with the valance once I get it off? Any pictures would be a great help

Thanks

tianorth

Reaction score
It's the 4 tabs on the top and the 2 on the right side going down.
There might be 1 on the left as well. (Last pic)

I undid the 4 screws to be able to remove the metal trim with a bit of a struggle to be able to see/undo the tags.

When I replaced the valance I found the putting the metal trim back on first and then working around it to put the tags back in the slots which held very well as it was months before I actually fitted the quads.

A

Anonymous

Tianorth
Thanks for the detailed reply and pics. When I was removing the valence this weekend I didn't even notice that the metal trims were attached to a separate plastic trim. I have ordered the quads now and will tackle the valance again when it arrived and get cutting.
Thanks again.
I'll upload some pics when their fitted.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Question on this: can you get it off without removing the bumper and do you need to get the reverse light out first?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to remove the reverse light unit as there are fastenings underneath and it gives you access to the tabs that hold the valance to the bumper.
You don’t have to remove the bumper to remove the valance it’s just removing the exhaust tip section that’s the pain you need plenty of height to be able to get in to get it free from the tabs.
I’m sure YouTube motorscotti has a video on how to remove it although he’s a bit rough on the hardest bit where he just rips it free! :crazy:

https://youtu.be/q9XTn9Nwfp0