What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Using a 19 ins Soltice as a spare wheel. IT FITS IN WELL

A

Anonymous

Re: Spare Wheel. IT FITS IN WELL

FGRob said:
I would get the car picked up by the breakdown service and recovery it to home.

To be honest if the situation occurs then I'll worry about it.
PHEW! Thanks for a bit of reassurance. :dance: Reading about this is making me panic but then I have to put into context that in the last 4+ years I've only had one puncture and I am FULLY covered by RAC so I'll just keep my fingers crossed (makes for uncomfortable driving!) and try to avoid sharps and potholes. :thumbup:

Davie

Reaction score
Hi ,FG Rob,what i meant is, if you have a cheap car buy a cheap jack,i dont understand all the fuss,whats £30,when i have spent £27000

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Spare Wheel. IT FITS IN WELL

BangorRCZ said:
FGRob said:
I would get the car picked up by the breakdown service and recovery it to home.

To be honest if the situation occurs then I'll worry about it.
PHEW! Thanks for a bit of reassurance. :dance: Reading about this is making me panic but then I have to put into context that in the last 4+ years I've only had one puncture and I am FULLY covered by RAC so I'll just keep my fingers crossed (makes for uncomfortable driving!) and try to avoid sharps and potholes. :thumbup:

At last someone who is talking some sense. As I've mentioned before, I've not had a spare tyre in my last four cars (going back 8 years). Never once have I worried about what would happen if I got a puncture. I've used the foam gunk MANY times before and NEVER had any problems. If I did, then I would do as Rob said and get the breakdown service to recover my car home.

FGRob

Reaction score
Davie said:
Hi ,FG Rob,what i meant is, if you have a cheap car buy a cheap jack,i dont understand all the fuss,whats £30,when i have spent £27000
Hi Davie - no fuss, just sometimes there are better priced items available from other sources, I wouldn't normally use that type of jack as I've got a 2.5 ton low level hydraulic jack which costs more than £30 which I normally use.

But for me it's not really that important as I'm not going to carry the extra weight of a spare alloy, these things are not lite especially on the overhang of the rear of the car.

Each to there own I say.

Any way thank you for sharing your information - it's good to let people know of alternative solutions :thumbup:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys, it may not be a big problem to some at this moment in time, but what is happening here is that manufacturers have started to phase out ANY kind of spare tyre facility. If this continues breakdown companies are going to be even more stretched than at present. I travel up and down the motorways all night long and the number of vehicles with tyre issues is amazing. I see groups, singles, and couples huddled together to keep warm waiting for the recovery truck to arrive. My youngest daughter was abandoned last month on a Sunday night by a certain patrolman when she went to visit friends in Essex. She had a new turbo fitted a few days previous and a pipe had dislodged. The reason the patrolman would not recover her home to Doncaster was because her friends had tried to re-attach the pipe. The pipe however was damaged and could not be replaced at the roadside. As a repair had been initiated it invalidated the recovery. I asked them what would happen if you had a puncture and had tried but failed to remove a wheel nut. The answer was that they asses each case on its own merit. The advice they gave me was do not attempt to repair or touch anything. The outcome for my daughter, she was brought home by one of her friends who spent the night in our spare room. He returned home the next day and arranged for the car to be repaired in Essex. She was without her car for a week. Nice job Davie! :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hi bugia

Brilliant result. Thanks very much for sharing this, I'd been quite concerned about the lack of spare wheel. Had 'runfit' gel on my SLK 32 AMG & this was one reason I sold the car, so really appreciate the info! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for tip Davie, have ordered the very same for my RCZ. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Can any one tell me where the wheel and tyre with jack can be sourced for this price ? Davie ?
Ihave been nquoted £150 more by my dealer

A

Anonymous

where did you get tthis from ? I have been quoted over £150 more :eek:

A

Anonymous

where did you get the wheel from for this price Davie,I have been quoted over £500 just for the wheel ??

Davie

Reaction score
New alloy 19ins Soltice £343.08,Tyre £109.58 Vat£79.22 =£531.88.I Got 20% off through my brother,who has contacts with Peugeot.
Best wishes Davie.

A

Anonymous

I get my RCZ in January. Am becoming increasingly worried about the lack of a spare and only compressor and goo. Punctures here tend to be full blow outs due to the heat and, if you're lucky enough not to fly off the road and hit a tree, often you could be a long way from help. The odds of being caught out are high. Also, replacement tyres could be days (weeks? ) away in country Western Australia. Would really appreciate advice on what is the best solution - a sortilege wheel complete with spare tyre or some other type of temporary arrangement.

A

Anonymous

aussiercz said:
I get my RCZ in January. Am becoming increasingly worried about the lack of a spare and only compressor and goo. Punctures here tend to be full blow outs due to the heat and, if you're lucky enough not to fly off the road and hit a tree, often you could be a long way from help. The odds of being caught out are high. Also, replacement tyres could be days (weeks? ) away in country Western Australia. Would really appreciate advice on what is the best solution - a sortilege wheel complete with spare tyre or some other type of temporary arrangement.
Hi aussiercz, check out this thread spare-wheel-solutions-available-t881.html#p7756 but note that it only fits the rear wheels. Not sure how you go about changing two tyres with one jack!

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
Its so easy.

Fit spare to rear Fit alloy to front job done.
Okay, I get it :eusa-think: ...it requires jacking the car up twice to remove two wheels...the puncture if at front and the rear wheel to put onto front. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I got my spare wheel today,where do you keep your compressor and jack so they dont rattle around in the boot ??

cheers
David